1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r How They Run

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Just wondering if it is normal for them to pop and bang so much. Termi end cans, race ecu fitted. Runs great but get a lot of gunfire on deceleration. No other issues. Pulls smooth in all gears with no hesitation.

2. Seemingly it’s all the rage, the boys round this way spend thousands on making their Toyotas pop bang and fart between traffic lights!
    Even the humble stock Ducati Supersport I borrowed recently suffered with it.
    Was thinking of getting my teeth bleached so I’d blend in!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Toyota boys round here doing the same and they sound crap

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Exactly the set up as yours and mine does the same.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Monster 1100S, open Termis, race ecu, it does exactly the same as you describe. Sounds great :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Quite normal, just a little air being drawn in the joints in the exhaust and burning off unburnt fuel

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Fine, just checking. Leaving a trail of frightened children and old women in the wake! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. so just as it should do then! Lol!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Race ECU???
    Most likely the stock ECU with an upmap.
    However, could you please elaborate with a part number if you have a chance to look at it.

10. Mine seems to do it less now I've put the throttle spacers in.

11. Race ecu installed, I have the standard one wrapped up with the OE exhaust.

12. Really. I've looked high and low for a race ECU because they are not locked but nothing came up for the M1200R.
    If you get a chance, sharing the part number would be appreciated.

13. I assume race ECU, it comes up on the dash. Never looked under the tank but I cant think of any other reason to have a spare ECU and the standard exhaust supplied. IF I lift the tank at any point I will check.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I think it must be my age, was sure I had seen a spare ECU with the parts that came, what I found was a box with an upmap key..
    16187DE1-1934-476A-9AA7-4AB8DD3E2BFA.jpeg

4605F340-D8D8-4FB0-B565-9FB2E8C9ED08.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Upmap now list the 1200R for their T800+ units

16. @J biker
    Ah. Thank you. That makes sense. The last RACE ECU I've found available through Ducati Performance was for the 1198R.
    Too bad they're not available for later models (at least from what I've seen). Perhaps the race teams can get them but not us.
    BTW, I had my stock ECU flashed by Rexxer a few years ago. It also displays RACE on the dash upon boot-up.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information