1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r Probably The Best Dry Weather Bike I've Ever Owned

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, May 10, 2017.

1. This bike is probably the best dry weather bike I've owned, riding it Round the Lake District there isn't much that can beat it, if anything.
    My question is what is it like in the wet, not so much grip as the super corsas I imagine are crap, but for water spray? Do we get soaked , and does addig a tail tidy make it much worse?

• Like Like x 2
  2. The super corsas are okay in the wet, just don't get onto the none grooved bits if you need water to be cleared from the contact patch, only been out once in the rain and with the tail tidy my back was plastered in mud/dirt ;)

Can't say we slowed down much through a few showers. Wouldn't worry me too much if I got caught out by the weather, just ride accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SCs are a total nightmare in the wet IME.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cold, wet Supercorsas: horrible.
    Why don't you try them yourself? Living where you do, you won't have long to wait! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Im with the above for SC in the wet. They scare the bejesus outta me. If I was a year round rider, I'd use an alternative other than SC's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Me too!

7. The bikes no different on the wet to the dry. The tyres, however, would be ;)

8. doesnt rain much here......:grin:

9. supercorsas are get you home tyres in wet that's all, as for getting wet u get wet on any bike

10. Was out for a run today and got caught in a shower. My 1200 R has a tail tidy and smallish number plate and I can tell you, you get absolutely covered in all the crap from the rear tyre, even my helmet was covered. Don't worry about the bike, it's been washed dried and polished. WP_20170514_004.jpg WP_20170514_005.jpg WP_20170514_006.jpg WP_20170514_007.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Black on Black!
    Certainly the best colour to go for.. Red is just so yesterday...:upyeah:

12. Need to find an excuse, space and money to get one of these :)

13. Super Corsas are definately not the best tyre in the wet but they do work. Just set the TC to rain or touring and you will be surprised how hard you can push.........dont try getting your knee down though it may be painful

14. No rain today!!
    Set of to P&H to look at Kreiga bags. 6 mile round trip turned into just over 100 miles.....
    I can see this is going to cost me a small fortune in fuel.... :):upyeah::)... excellent bike....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information