1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r Tyre Pressure

Discussion in 'Monster' started by J biker, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Just checking in the manual, only 2.1bar for the rear tyre. Seems very low, I have never run less pressure in the rear than the front..is this right?
    Using OE Pirellis.

2. IMO, absolutely. The R works the rear tyre more than the other current generation Monsters, so the pressure has to cater for the tyre generating the right heat. To low, it gets too hot, too high, it gets cold (counter intuitive) If you don’t like the feel, have a play with the pressure although I wouldn’t go more than say 2.5/2.6 bar.
    I scratch a lot on my 1200 Multistrada and run 2.5 rear and 2.65 front which gives me a good compromise between feel/grip and mileage. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks. Been running around 33psi front and 35psi rear. Now set to Bar, as per manual. Tyres were new around 2k miles back and wear is fairly even. But feels like there may be more potential for 'cornering feel'. Hence checking!

4. IMO, if you like to push, your front pressure is too low. I see the manual states 2.3 bar but IME, you could run 0.2 bar higher which should give you more feel on turn in. It will increase tyre wear though. Tyre pressures are a guide although in the event of an insurance claim, the assessor might challenge your choice. I’d would still try to find what works for you though. Andy

5. I am surprised at how good the lower tyre pressure feels with the rear. Really feels like it grips more. Result

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information