1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200s Monster To Streetfighter V4

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by shakeys dad, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 1200s monster and 1198s and getting a v4 Streetfighter. I love the monster and wondered how it compares to the v4

• Like Like x 1
  2. No idea really, but I expect "chalk and cheese" would be somewhere close!

#2 AndrewS, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Same dilemma for me. Going to try the V4S when we can. Very different proposition I imagine

4. I pulled the pin and picked up a v4 today

• Like Like x 4
  5. Have you ridden it or is the weather too inclement?

6. Not ridden yet, weather is not good, but I'm surprised how high the seat is, I'm not big but always been able to reach the floor OK on every bike I've had, but on this I'm literally on the tip of my toes

7. Look forward to your comparison :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You can get a low seat option but you probably already know that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’ve moved from a 1299 to a SF V4s, only ridden it twice due to lockdown so only managed 200 miles.
    Even during run in you can feel it’s got some bastard grunt, but lovely at low speeds too.
    Not had a monster 1200 but I’m sure it won’t take you long to know you’ve made the right choice. I’m liking the fact I can put on a pair of Kevlar jeans one day and have a sedate ride, or put on a one piece and hit the track.
    Have you changed the exhaust?
    I’ve gone full akra, different roar to the V twin but still a little nasty :)

10. I've not even looked at exhaust, but don't think I'll be going full akra, I want to do a few trackdays and don't want the hassle of worrying about noise limits

11. done 2k miles last year. had loads of monsters over the years and really just a great transition from old to new. easier, well mannered until you pull the pin :) got to be done

• Like Like x 1
  12. How you finding SF now you have had it for while? I tested one the weekend and tempted to swap my Diavel for it.

13. Love it,

Do Not Sell My Personal Information