1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT 1200s To 1260??

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Alan Murphy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. coming to the end of my 7000km Europe tour and weighing up the pros and cons of whether to change from my 1200 DVT to 1260 or go for something different.
    Anyone changed to 1260 and done enough touring mileage to have an informed opinion??

2. Wait a while and get the V4 version... should find out later this month if it will be 2020 or 2021 available..

3. Had mine serviced in France and the dealer was convinced it was 2021

4. I have had my 1260 from March 18 and now done 21,500 miles including several European trips, I think it is better than the DVT and I have had all the Mutley variants and did 28,000m on the DVT.
    The 1260 is different with the longer wheelbase and it took me a while to get it set up so it turns like the DVT, basically it is too soft in standard settings and I hardened up both front preload and damping, same with the rear, now it turns in like the previous models. The longer wheelbase does make it more stable at speed and it holds long fast corners like it is on rails. The lights and dash are also an improvement over the DVT.
    The 1260 motor is excellent, smoother than the DVT and masses of torque right through the rev range, no dips in power just lovely smooth power all the way. The QS is good but needs to be used properly, you need to be on the gas going up and it works fine on downshifts as well, never thought I would want a QS but I now use it all the time. I did have a new load cell at 8k as it went intermittent on downshifts since then no issues. Only current problem is that the horn button sticks in - warranty job and part on order.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. 5th and 6th gear roll-on is worth the upgrade alone. Red with dark metallic frame looks so much better. Just all around better than the 1200. I say yes to the 1260.

6. Thanks for your time with that reply, all good info there.
    I feel like I’ve done enough mileage on my DVT to know it well so it’s really good to hear your thoughts, I’ll book a test on the 1260 when I get home from Europe

7. I thought it’d already been announced it was going to be 2021?

8. Same again, thanks.
    Interesting to hear about the roll on in 5/6th- on this trip it’s been the one thing that has let it down (and a bit of high speed fully loaded instability) so seems the 1260 is the bike the DVT always should have been

9. I still think it would look better with a red frame on the grey and white versions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

10. upload_2019-10-2_7-45-55.png

Seems convinced its 2020... despite the posts from Ducati about 2021....

11. If you are running a full termi on your dvt , I don’t think the changes are significant
    Only done about 4K on my 1260 though

12. I upgraded from a 2016 dvt to 1260, done a few trips in the UK including north coast 500, and some lengthy days in the saddle, never missed a beat. Found the 1200 jumpy at low speed whereas the 1260 with the additional torque is much smoother. My only complaint is the stock seat is uncomfortable

13. My only disappointment with my 1260, red frame looks better IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information