1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260 Custom Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Andrei_Multistrada, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Hello everyone!

Happy new year.

I know this has been discussed several times on the forum but I cannot find any "updated" posts.

I am looking for a custom seat for my 1260 GT. Tried reaching out to Sargent seats but I did not get any reply from them (not sure if they are still open). Tried a few gel/air covers but i find them worse than the original. Havent looked at corbin yet as the price seems a bit high so i'd rather look at all the options before going there.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!
    Andrei

PS. Anyone tried these seats? - https://desmoheart.com/collections/...seat-cover-patna-special-color-comfort-system

#1 Andrei_Multistrada, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  2. I bought a cheap original seat and took it to a seat place ( actually a boat upholstery ) had it made how I wanted to take out the sloping up at the back. Worked well very comfortable. Like you say anything aftermarket was very expensive and not really what I wanted.

3. In 2 weeks, if my GT hasn’t sold, I’ll be stripping everything off ready for trade in, so may have a touratech rider and pillion seat for sale. The comfort transformed the bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ===

#4 Duncan*, Jan 10, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  5. Thanks for the feedback bud. Its weird how they dont seem to respond to email and the phone goes to an answering machine that ask you to send them an email. Never-ending loop.

Anyway, I'm torn between the Touratech Performance one and the "build your own" - in case I find a good leather worker.

6. I can recommend Caulfield Custom Seats - they did a great seat for R9T

7. Thank you! will give them a shout!

8. I can also recommend Matt caulfield he’s in Hyde near Manchester and has done great work on 2 of my previous bikes. He used to do all the Williams BMW work for their customers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I used Tony Archer near manchester & choose foam et cetra with different profile. Took a while but heyhoo

• Like Like x 1
  10. Whenever I’ve had seats reworked, the cover tends to stretch after a while, and you get ruffles in it. My OCD used to go into overdrive. I find the Touratech seats are a massive improvement over stock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think he’s more Huddersfield way

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I’ve designed and developed these seats for the DVT and 1260 Multistrada. In fact I’ve spent quite some time developing them, testing and revising them. Another guy on here bought one recently.

I used to get pressure points under my backside and top of my legs/thighs and slide down into the tank, crushing my jewellery.

The front is raised and the rear is lowered so you don’t slide down the seat anymore, you sit level. The material on the sitting area is grippier hence you don’t slide and it’s all round more comfortable. There’s a gel pad inserted in the riders seat which makes all the difference. Personally I found it has a weird combination of more comfort but also more contact/feedback with the bike. It’s the gel pad that does it. Much better than off the shelf foam ‘so called comfort seats’.

I’ve ridden all day and totally forgotten about the seat.

It’s a shame you’re quite a distance from me as I’d let you go for a test ride with a seat. All I can say is it’s more comfortable than any ‘off the shelf comfort seat’ that I’ve tried.

So it’s not just new covers it’s reupholstery as well including the gel pad. Either exchange or to your original seats. I can lend you a seat in the mean time though if you want it done to your original seat. However being in Ireland makes that option a bit more difficult.

I find it very comfortable and it should deal with the normal problems of sliding towards the tank. I’ll pm you the price.
    EC65E874-FF8E-49F2-8D38-9DD8039E57E4.jpeg

6A4AEAFF-1C11-4015-84DE-91681B362CD4.jpeg 9E98AB22-49DA-4D4E-9B91-4E95B8006DBB.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. I would be interested also please

14. Oh ok Ralphie, I’ll pm you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I, too have big issues with oem seat (anything +1hr and it’s agony for me). Was considering Sargent but it’s bit too pricey (~£570) for something not many people seen or can recommend. Touratech or “Comfort “ is no longer available (as far as know) and I heard you needed to bed it in to you bum so not sure if any second hand ones are the viable option. Corbin isn’t for me as it’s a single unit and I like the split option. Your seat @Sam1199 , looks very neat and could be a way to go (depending on further details ;)).

16. If you can wait until March, I’ll probably have a set of Touratech seats for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ===

#17 Duncan*, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  18. Not sure about the later Ducati Performance Comfort seat. think they introduced that with the 1260 and trying to pull back a bit more profit rather than hand a chunk over to Touratech. I have the Touratech, rider and pillion, and rate them significantly over the originals. Intended for the 1200 DVT but a perfect fit on my 1260. Stands to reason as the seats are the same save for the cover. I did get some minor smarting cheek issues after a 500+ mile motorway dash back from Scotland last year but for my regular 200-300 mile varied roads touring days, day after day for a 2 weeks, they've been brilliant. The original rider seat had my arse complaining after the first fuel stop and each subsequent morning getting back on the bike. A night and day difference with the Touratech item.

I accept that the Touratech Comfort seats are no longer available new but they do come up as a used item fairly regularly, though they don't tend to be cheap.

19. Same here Sam please. Worth considering.

20. Screenshot_20220121-162506.jpg
    Yes. It wasn't right. Fat fingers. It costs around £470.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information