1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260 Multi

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Drdaveboy, Jul 28, 2018.

1. I've been away for a bit but going to look at a 1260 multi shortly , are these a big upgrade on my last 2014 multi

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hello Dave! Long time no see.
    Not big upgrades, quite frankly, but lots of smaller ones which add up to a more refined and smoother ride. Judge for yourself but in my opinion the 1260 motor will have similar characteristics to your old twin spark but be smoother at low revs. The dynamics of the new frame also make the bike more stable, so I guess you can say it has grown up a little. It won't disappoint, I'm sure, and you get that big twin Ducati buzz and enormous power and torque. Let us know what you think.
    I look forward to seeing you again soon.
    PS. On this year's EMM Carole was remembering you cavorting around in the Dolomites, naked except for my Lambsy protecting your modesty:eek:
    PPS. Despite the flag on my avatar, I am still a proud Brit. Don't know how that got on there.

3. It’s down to your IP provider.......they must be routing through a USA server.

4. Ah, yes. Nice to see my proxy server is working!

5. Have you considered an unregistered 1200s? They’re getting rare but offer a lot of bike for £15-£16k

I recently bought one over a base 1260 and I’m very happy.

You end up saving £2-3k on a 1260.

6. Hmm from a 2014 it is quite a big upgrade, 2015 was first DVT's

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave,
    Great to see you 'back in the fold' once again, well almost, after no doubt, countless other makes of bike, in the interim.
    Having been an owner of a brilliant 2014 Pikes Peak from new, I can honestly say the changes are modest, but significant, pretty well put by Coman.

It would be terrific to see you out and about again on a Mutli, it's been a while and I trust you are doing well.
    Get back to us all, when you've made your next purchase, oh and before I forget, it has to be RED...…….., of course.

Best Regards
    TonyN

• Like Like x 1
  8. hi peter and tony it has been too long and would love to see you guys again but alas i may be on a 2017 r1200gs rallye will know for sure in a few days the 1260 i looked at was a bit rough for a 1500 mile bike so we'll see what develops

9. Dave,
    Don't do it, that's a major mistake, compared to the Mutli, even in the potential 'sub-standard' form you seem to have experienced, the Italian experience completely and utterly 'blitzes' (deliberate choice of a German sounding/relevant word), anything with BMW at the front of the name, AND that incudes cars...……..
    Come back to the Multi force, as Del-Boy would say, "you know it makes sense":heart_eyes:

ERROR :broken_heart::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:o_O

• Like Like x 1
  10. strong praise indeed for the italian beasts and indeed i had fun with my 8 ducs but the bimmer does seem a pretty decent product

11. Hey Dave, off the Kawasaki then lol

2014 pre dvt? Yes, a lot different. Skyhook better/softer, engine far smoother, feel less than eager but no slower: just feels it :)

12. the kawasaki sx was great but not so good fully loaded 2 up the ktm 1190 adv i had after was fantastic great 2 up but a little tall , the guy at chester bmw wasn't really doing it for me so I've came out of the deal so the search continues I'm still thinking multi or ktm 1290 gt

13. i had a nice 2014 which was great took that to the pyrenees with my son so have good memories of that

14. Manchester Ducati demo 1260 looks decent value

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Did you ride the 1290GT? When I did and compared it to my 1200 ABS ('11 model with no electronic suspension), the only thing that was different (in a good way) was the electronics and the raw power of the motor. Everything else was inferior. Too vibey, not a good seating position or seat, too much heat. The 1260 is a better bike than the 1200 almost in all aspects. Not by much but in all sectors and that cumulative effect does the trick. Between the two I'd definitely go for the 1260. unless there is an update imminent for the 1290GT. Then you should probably wait and test it. Take a look at what I was writing back then.

16. Pretty sure there are updates soon the 1290 GT

17. the 1190 adv i had was much smoother than my last multi with less engine braking and equally as good power , there is a updated gt coming next year so the prices for this one will probably get slashed in the autumn like last year £10,999 instead of the eye watering £16,200 there some good deals on the africa twin adventure sport as well but obviously the power will be way down

Do Not Sell My Personal Information