1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260 Vibration

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by grippy, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Hi I was wondering if anyone has experienced an engine vibration betwee 3000 & 4000 rpm? It’s silky smooth above & below this rev range, I’ve done a 1000 Miles’s & put a full termi system on at the first service, but can’t feel any improvement, It’s not horrendous but my previous 16 plate DVT was a lot smoother in that rev range, I would call it a mild irritation, I must say other than the vibe the bike is brilliant,

2. Can't say I've noticed a particular vibration at that rev range, but I have found everything noticeably smooths out the more miles you do.

3. I’m 2000 miles in on my 1260 as Groundhog, no noticeable change in vibration, maybe worth checking all the engine bolts just in case something’s worked loose

4. Check your engine mounts. My 1260s had a vib at around 5k. Turned out to be the evotech crash bungs vibrating. They were loose. Torqued them up to 80mn and all good. They were dealer fitted.

#4 SMG, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. I've done 4500 miles on mine and I'm getting vibrations through the seat that I never got on the 1200 DVT. The demo one I tried before I bought mine was the same and the dealer said its just because its new and needs loosening up. Hasn't improved through.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information