1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260s How Much

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ivor, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Looking to buy a 1260S, what would I expect to pay?
    Friend is selling his for £13500, is that about right? With panniers.

2. Reg/year? Mileage? Condition? Service due? Needs new tyres?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Multirider 75 has one for sale with all the bits you can thro at a bike . Well worth a look.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes thanks bit pricey and my mate lives opposite we're way out West Wales

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 3 years old, 11,000 excellent nick, not fussed re tyres ( cheap) or service, cam service is 19,000?

6. At that mileage you could expect new tyres(2nd or 3rd set) new chain and sprockets and the belt service at 18000 miles is around £1000, so I would bear that in mind. Personally I think it’s too much and £11500-12500max is nearer the mark.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. He’s dreaming at that price, unfortunately.

8. Thanks

9. There will be quite a few 3-4 year old bikes around the 12-13 mark even from main dealers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. If you can afford it , a bike with full service history , new tyres , few extras will be a good bet for a good start of second hand ownership , a well looked after and pampered bike is a safe bet , ones without may be cheaper but could hold a future of pain.
    I have always chosen to spend / save up a bit more to buy the better bike and have always found few if any issues and had a great time with the bikes . Again a bike like Multirider75 has for sale would be one I would look at as I would strip it back to standard (less a few bits I would use) and recoup the the extra cost with the sale of the bling so to speak , you end up with a mint bike , win win and a good price.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. It's a buyers market for 1260 DVTs at the moment, there are over 60 for sale on Biketrader right now.

Bound to be the right one for you on that long list.

12. And 42 of those are below £14k including some Ducati dealer bikes with 12 months warranty.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you can find one registered after 1 Nov 2019 it will qualify for the 4ever Multistrada warranty so you’ll get the best part of 2 years Ducati warranty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information