1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 1260s Or V4s

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by meng, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Guys had my bmw s1000xr for 4 years get numb fingers from vibrations taken to bmw. X2 says it’s normal definitely never had numb fingers before and my bike is much worse compared to other X-r
    Got a v2 last year and now thinking of a used multi 1260s 14/15 k or borrow v4s 18kI luv the X-r drive so I go the extra 4 k and go for v4 thoughts

2. I cannot believe you asked that, on here of all places :joy: What is the latest page count on the “I hate the new V4 Multistrada” thread, 65 + ? The V4 is clearly a favourite with the testers and if you can live with the relatively low range, to me, it looks like a winner. Andy

3. The V4 does not appeal to a lot of 1260 owners which is a shame as we were really looking forward to buying the V4

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. I ride a boxer, in-line 4 and v2 so am comfortable with all types of engines no preference
    Testers missed the vibes on xr !! My 1200rt had a range of 245 miles but area didn’t

5. I'd test ride them both. Here there are plenty of left over 1260s to test ride.

6. Can’t get test ride without buying as in lockdown still bonus is low mileage bikes will be available

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I bought a 1260s this past November knowing the V4 was coming soon. I was/am pretty turned off by the 19” front wheel/DSSA/170 rear, and V4 mileage would be an issue for me now, but everyone has different preferences and desires.

For me, it also helped that I saved a bunch of money getting an outgoing model and was able to buy new with factory warranty + extension so I don’t have to pay to fix it for 7 years no matter how many miles I rack up.

A V4 like the PP that’s coming, with semi-active suspension would have made my decision tougher.

8. I had the first MOT and a service on my 1260s today and I had a V4 as a courtesy bike. I'm afraid the V4 just doesn't do it for me on either the looks or the ride. I also have to say I wasn't that impressed by the build quality and overall finish compared to the 1260. I went with an open mind and came away knowing the 1260 is going nowhere!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. I had the bmw k1300r so the s1000xr was a bike I considered but the vibrations are well reported and a mate also has one. I found similar to my k the bike needed to be revved over 7000 rpm.
    I aso tried the bmw r1250 rs and KTM 1290 super duke personally I bought a 1260 multistrada over the phone having never ridden or seen it .The biggest issue seems to be the screen

10. Hi all. I’ve ordered a new 1260s,and Collect in 2 weeks.
    This will my 3rd Multistrada.
    The 1st was a 2013, 1200 GT.
    The second was a 2nd was a ‘67 plate ( September,2017 ) 1200S.
    Not to taken with the looks of the V4 and the fuel consumption does not seem that good. Hence the 1200S option.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Simple solution... Put a Pikes Peak screen on, looks soooo much better and NO bufferting

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. By most accounts there is a distinct difference in character. My take is that if you want smooth and refined then the V4, want something with more of a raw sporting edge then the 1260.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’ve gone puig sports with the icon spacers

14. That's how I found it. The V4 is a great engine but it lacks character. Its definitely smoother and more refined than the 1260 but IMO less engaging and less fun.

• Like Like x 2
  15. That’s interesting, I thought test riding it might win people over and I thought it would be the engine specifically that did the winning over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I thought so too but i found the opposite. It goes like shit off a shovel, but then so does the 1260. Its definitely more smooth and refined, and very responsive, but I just found it a bit too revvy and lacking that feeling you only get from a v twin. I thought I would come away filling out the re-mortgage forms, but found myself even more in love with my 1260.

17. I waited for the V4 to come out, also not taken by the looks, 19" front. I have to like the look of a bike before I would take it for a ride. I've been shot down by talking about fuel consumption but I travel with others and we ride long distances, so I don't need to be the guy that has to stop 50 miles before everyone else, simple as. Spent my hard-earned on a 1260S instead and love it. I've seen the spy shots of the V4 with 17" front and single sided swinger, maybe that would be an option for me in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I quite agree about fuel consumption. I too regularly do long distances and want to be re-fuelling as little as possible. Good tank range is an essential for me.

19. I feel a little like this regarding my 2011 1200 to my 2018 1260. Often I think about finding a low mileage 2012 1200 for hooning around on, it feels so much more the animal than even the 1260.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fuel consumption will still be the same with SSSA and 17 inch front wheel. You just shot down your own argument.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information