1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Akrapovic Race Exhaust Baffles

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by J7mbo, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I had a set of 1299 Akropovics put on my 959 last weekend. Not the system, just the slipons, however I don't believe it has any DB Killers because it's a race only exhaust (and it's insanely loud).

Can you buy these baffles separately or would I need them fabricated and put in by someone?

2. It's the other way around mate. Race exhaust almost always have baffles whereas stock ones often don't because they have built in Cats and stuff to keep them quiet already. If your Akros are the race ones then they will have a little bolt hole in the side of the end outlet which is where the bolt to hold the baffles in goes. If they are the stock non race akros like the ones that come with the R then there are no baffles. That said there are people that get various baffle options made up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I could use a set of these too as i am in the same boat. Mine are race. I have the bolt hole.

4. You can really feel the difference with the baffles in, feels so restricted.
    Definitely quieter though, put them in for Silverstone and the first thing my pals said was how quiet it was now.

5. Yeah as above you definitely feel the difference at fast tracks like Silverstone or Spa; I was losing about 5-10mph top end. It's not so noticeable at smaller twisty tracks where it's more about corner speed and skill.

6. I have the Akrapovic cans with baffles fitted.

Not had the bike long and not tried it with them out yet, mainly as it's dam loud with them in o_O and I'm not sure it's cos I'm getting old and grumpy as I'm definitely getting old and deaf,haha:yum

7. Yea got the Baffles in but it aint that much difference. you still cant here yourself think without earplugs in now I'm getting on aswell haha.

8. I'm going to try it with them out. If there bike runs better I'll just live with the noise.

9. I have a scala headset which I use, with the baffles out you can still hear it so whilst loud it’s bearable.
    My pal had an Austin Racing on his Pani, took it off and sold it after a few months. Made the Akras sound like a moped with a Chav can.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hi
    Ive got the full evo system on mine.. on 400miles so still running in under 6/7k revs and its has loud as my harley vrod with vance and hines slip ons.. dealer did ask if i wanted baffles in or out when they fitted it... its loud enough for me and cars hear you coming and im still shouting instead of talking for 10mins after ive got off

12. Ear plugs are your friend.

13. The ones from Ducati kit are
    96480991A - DB KILLER RIGHT
    96481001A - DB KILLER LEFT

14. It's quite an important subject for me as I use the bike mostly on track and it's really frustrating having noise issues. I really hope the V4 is substancially quieter than the V2! (yes I know , shoot me :) )

15. Even with the baffles in on the Akro full system, I need to wear plugs.
    You are asking for trouble later on in life if you don’t :eek:

16. These arrived, fitted and it is a lot quieter when riding.
    But now I have a slight hesitation when on the throttle in some gears, would a remap/tune sort this?

17. Have you loaded the up map that comes with the kit?

18. Only baffles came from ebay seller, no upmap.
    If you mean the Akro upmap for the full Akro system, yes I have this uploaded.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information