1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 1299 Akrapovic Slip On For 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Kage, May 6, 2018.

1. Hi. I'm back after being off a bike for 5 years. My last bike was a 999s which I was forced into selling due a shoulder injury requiring surgery. Anyway, I've now treated myself to a 899 and loving ownership of a bike again.
    So today I just purchased a set of Akrapovic slips on's. They were originally for a 1299, so I'm not sure what I need to fit them to my 899. I guess a connecting piece that'll link my headers to the akra. is what's needed. Or will I be better off getting the 1299 headers-will they fit? I just need a little advice so I can proceed.
    Many thanks

2. The 899 headers use a 3 bolt flange before the pipes at the rear of the bike (by the tyre). The 1299 uses a wrap around clamp, also the 1299 uses bigger pipes (60mm from memory, could be wrong). So the easiest thing to do is to get yourself the headers from a 1299 then you will have a bigger flowing system with the Akrapovic pipes. A good remap will be essential though to maximise that set up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great. Thanks for that Phil. I’m in it.

All the best...

• Like Like x 1
  4. In it? I’m on it!

5. After speaking to a few dealers, I've decided not to go down the route of fitting the 1299 Ducati Performance Akrapovic end cans to my 899. So these are now available. Let me know if anyone is interested. They are brand new & never fitted. Connecting link pipe included.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information