1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Base Conversion

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by hagen111, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Guess you like to find out and read about projects...so here we go.

I recently found a brandnew 1299 base for good price. I preferred a base version, as I planned to upgrade wheels, suspension, to much higher spec. All original parts will be stored and if I ever sell, will be a brand-new bolt on.

[​IMG]

Via one of the members here on the bb I also found as new Ohlins FGRT214...originally for 899/959, but like the black over gold! Thanks David!

[​IMG]

As I drop the Marzocchi's, who have a 57mm top yoke, I found an original 'ohlins spec' 1199s triple, which is needed for the Ohlins forks.

Forks came with as new Ohlins TTX GP shock. So package will now be: FGRT214, Ohlins TTX GP, OZ magnesium Cattiva wheels, Akrapovics full titanium, all R bodywork and tank, DP seat, black GBRacing cover, DP carbon front fender and some other nice bolt on goodies...

[​IMG][/url]

I like the stock matt black plastic parts on the bike as they will match with the matt black look of the magnesium wheels...so will pass on the option to 'carbonize' the bike. The front fender will be the only carbon part on the bike (and maybe some tank protectors).

Next dot...I also still had a white 1199s being brandnew and after buying the 1299 decided that one had to go. This 'brand-new last produced twin' from Ducati resulted in the fact that I got a good price from a local dealer when ordering a V4...so it went and a V4 is on the way, to be delivered end of May...life is about connecting the dots!

Very sad to see it go though...the pearl white has really grown on me and it was just a very beautiful silhouette and bike to stare at...maybe one day I will regret that I 'once owned one of the last brandnew 1199's in the world'. Time will tell.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. It turned white? Did you leave it out in the sun?

3. Can you read :thinkingface::yum

4. I know this gets confusing...2 new paginales...this requires a bit 'out of the box' view...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I got bored half way down.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information