1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Desmo Light Won't Go Out

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Adrian Jordan, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Hello, I'm having my bike serviced by a Ducati garage and even though they have done the service, they cannot connect to the diagnostics adapter and so cannot turn off the Desmo light. Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

2. Have you been given a reason why they cannot connect to the DDA ? If your odometer hasn’t gone over 15000 miles (or is that 30,000 ?), I don’t believe the service reminder can be reset. Andy

#2 Android853sp, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hi Adrian..welcome.
    Which dealer has completed the Desmo service and how much ?

Cheers.

4. Hello Andy, thank you for your quick reply. I have just done over 30,000 miles and it has just had its second demo service and the technician said that when he plugs in is bluetooth connector it doesn't light up or connect to the diagnostics port and he can't find out why even after half a day doing so?
    Rosso Corsa London

5. 30,000 mis! That's the "guy needs a medal" light.

6. I’m in work tomorrow so will ask if our workshop have come across a similar issue. Andy

7. The power supply to the diag connector has failed. It’s on a short sub loom and connects to the main loom via a connector under the seat. Seen a few of these fail due to water ingress.
    If not that, check the fuse.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thank you Andy

9. Thank you Andy

10. Thank you Nelly, what does the PS look like?

11. The power supply and earth for the diagnostic tool is taken from the diag connector. There's no separate PS. Trace the loom back in the subframe to the white connector and check it. It'll most likely be corroded or have a broken wire

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Nelly, thanks, they said they have checked that but my bike has a switched live issue and the ecu can't tell when the ignition is on.

13. I have same issue after my desmo service, did you get this sorted?
    Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information