1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Electronics Setup For Track

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Sep 17, 2017.

1. probably been covered countless times but my 1299 has been in Race mode ever since picking it up in January.. the only thing I've ever changed was to turn up the t/c to three at brands once just to see the difference.
    I noticed that the bike bogged down a lot more out of bends so turned it down again pretty sharpish.

So two for me seems to be the sweet spot. My question more relates to the engine braking control.. currently on two and I'm aware by putting it up to three I will get less engine braking!

What are your preferences ? Do you like the engine braking on track and why? Or do you prefer not to have as much?

What are you reasons for liking it or not liking it, I appreciate in theory how it makes a difference to the dynamic of the bike but wondered about your personal experiences of changing it?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I like mine to ride like a two stroke and have it set to 3 on the 1199S and 2 on the 1199R as there's a lot less engine breaking on the R anyhow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I just got back from Assen after having the EVO update and new rear spring ( something to do with my dry weight..) and it the bike is a lot more manageable.
    pumping out of the corner and the bike seems to settle a lot faster.
    I still haven't explored the range of adjustments other than 2 clicks on the compression on the front over the initial adjustments I have made.
    I also have the DDA+ and was surprised to see a lot less intervention from the DTC, but not sure if that's down to me or the track conditions.
    Oschersleben on Thursday and Friday, so time to start to fiddle a little more I think

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Any idea what weight the rear spring is and your weight out of interest @Nathanhu ? If the shock is better suited to your weight which it sounds like it is then it will get better grip and less wheelspin so you will get less traction control intervention.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hi Royal, I'm 100kg dry, and have fitted a 57/170/100 rear spring

6. 57/170/100. Thats a 10.0Nm spring which all makes sense. Without my gear I am ~83kg so with all my gear on I probably weigh 85-90kg and I have an 85 shock spring and I've never had trouble with the bike pumping out of corners except for coming on to the back straight of Silverstone Indy where its really bumpy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information