1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 1299 Exhaust On 959 - "y" Link Pipe

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Progression, Jul 17, 2018.

1. I know this has been covered a lot however reading up on it I see the 1299 Y pipe is needed to fit 1299 cans to a 959.
    Question I have which doesn't seem to have been covered is...

Can I use a termignoni Y link pipe to fit a stock 1299 can to a 959 (rather than having to buy the OEM Y pipe from ducati)?

thanks

2. 1299 and 959 are the same :)

3. thanks for the reply.

Think I have answered my own question, its a no as the termi Y link is much shorter and only for the termi cans.

4. No. The point at which the under belly section is clamped to the headers is lower down (~40mm) on the 1299 than the 959 (Euro4). This is because the 1299 has to fit the flapper valve between the headers and under belly, whereas the Euro4 959 has the flapper after its under belly section.
    I think you are confusing yourself a little here. There is a connecting pipe (that I call the T-piece) that collects the headers together for connection to the under belly section. This is the bit that needs to be changed to fit the 1299 under belly (either OEM or after market) to the Euro4 959. I think in your statement you are talking about the Y-piece that joins the two under belly sides together to join them to the T-piece I have just talked about. However, I am sure I have seen that a longer Termi Y-piece is available that would allow you to connect Termi cans to a Euro4 959.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information