1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Luggage Rack

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by jafo, Aug 31, 2016.

1. i love to travel on my bike so being able to carry a reasonable size bag is an advantage, but as i tend to buy with my heart and not my head, the 'luggage' box rarely gets ticked lol

as the 1299 is woefully short on tie down points i had a metal bashing genius buddy make me up a plate which replaces the pillion seat unit, sliding in the same way and giving adequate places for straps or bungees.
    i plan to paint or powder coat mine red with some white detail to 'blend' in better to the bikes lines :)
    and maybe put a bum stop if i can find some suitable material!

its costing around 190euros plus about 35euros shipping in europe, if anyone else is interested let me know?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 jafo, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I use a Kriega US20 pack :)

3. used one for an overnighter but not large enough for a week !
    i know i know, travel lighter lol

4. I used one last month for 4 nights. I could have added my US10 too but I wanted to travel light.

5. Used a US20 and 2 x US10 for three weeks away. They do have laundry facilities on the continent these days.

6. The miracles of modern science :)

7. Neat job but just remember the rear frame is not designed to carry heavy weight on a Panigale.

8. thanks duke63, i'll only be carrying a bag max about 10-12kgs, even a skinny italian girlfriend would be 55kgs lol

9. Hi there Jafo! Are you still in touch with the genius who bashed that beautiful piece of metal into shape? If so, how long might it take them to get one ready? It's just that I'm looking to go away sometime rather soon within the next 2-3 weeks or so. Did the plate work well for you and did you use it with pannier or just a tail pack? It would need to fit my Panigale R and if my sources are to be believed, apparently the pillion seat hook up on mine is the same as any of the other Panigale 1299's...

10. hi Makarra, sorry just catching up on forum today, work is seriously infringing on my leisure time :(
    im actually selling my Pani so may sell my own carrier if your still interested, let me know?

11. Hey there buddy, appreciate the reply! I've spent a while since e-mailing you looking at alternative options for luggage on my bike... and just as I was almost set to push ahead with a different set up, you e-mail me! I might still be interested in the rack, how soon are you looking to possibly find a new home for your carrier? I ask because if I decide to go for it then I'd need it pretty pronto although in all honesty I think I might be going for a different set up now. Cheers either way!

12. Hey there buddy, appreciate the reply! I've spent a while since e-mailing you looking at alternative options for luggage on my bike... and just as I was almost set to push ahead with a different set up, you e-mail me! I might still be interested in the rack, how soon are you looking to possibly find a new home for your carrier? I ask because if I decide to go for it then I'd need it pretty pronto although in all honesty I think I might be going for a different set up now. Cheers either way!

13. hi Makarra, i like to carry a single 40-50litre waterproof roll bag held with a couple of ROK straps and this is perfect for that. the bag is ultra stable and nothing touches the bodywork on the bike. my plan was to wrap or powder coat it either red or black to finish it off!
    if youre interested in it, i'll sell for £100 and cover the carriage to UK as well.
    thanks. mike

14. Thanks again for getting back to me and I've now got myself some Kriega us bags and just waiting for the pillion seat I ordered to arrived so that I can test it all out. If it all works out, seeing as I can't return the pillion seat now (even if it doesn't fit!) then I'll likely stick with using the pillion seat for now. I'll keep your rack in mind although if it goes, it goes so good luck either way!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information