1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Panigale Lives On

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, Dec 6, 2017.

• Like Like x 4
  1. It's a cracking bike, I feel a bit sorry for people who got one early as I'd be a bit pissed off shelling out 30k+ for a "Final Edition" that will be essentially mass produced for 3 years.... Mind you I might be able to afford a second hand one in 4 years when people start to sell them :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah agree I would be gutted to If bought believeing it was exclusive or collectable and it turns out it's mass produced.

Clever move by Ducati though. Their marketing department knows how to create hype and interest in a product.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Were the FE's limited in numbers or was it perceived they would be limited by time with the V4 imminent and the 'Final Edition' branding??

If not originally announced as a limited production run then surely it was foreseeable that their would be a number of parts bins Ducati would benefit from emptying before ceasing production?

4. It was perceived to be limited given the V4 was to be imminently launched.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Cheers Terry, that's how I understood it from memory too...

6. You'd have to test ride both v4 and v2 before you bought one I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. That’s a bit sneaky numbering them and calling it the final edition and how it’s the end of the era etc and extending production! I would be a bit annoyed if I had bought one

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Perhaps the FEs have not sold as well as hoped, or they were hedging their bets that the V4 may not sell so well for a while, although there are unprecedented orders for V4s.

9. They’ll keep numbering em. People paying for worthless plaques with numbers like 537392 on them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'd be well pissed off if I'd bought a FE. Yamaha did pretty much the same with the R1M when they let people believe they were limited editions

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well they are..there is only a certain amount of R1M for the UK market every year..but then so is the plain R1 and as a matter of fact with every single bike. Once the batch for that particular year is sold they do not bring other bikes until next year.
    As for FE..well Ducati knows better than us what extra monies can bring the Special, Limited series and a top yoke plaque.(even if it is not numbered as on my 998s FE)
    Why would one buy an FE in 2019 let alone 2020 when the V4& V4S &V4Speciale would be available and all the issues sorted by then.
    1199 and 1299 are the only series that have not won a single WSBK title from all the model series up to date....:confused:

12. The R1M isn't a limited edition mate

13. Sorry, I meant limited numbers per year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information