1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 S Touring Tyres ?

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Brom66, Jul 5, 2017.

1. I'm doing a 3000+ mile European tour. I've got a new set of Super Corsa to go on, I've done 1100 miles on existing set of S/Cwhich 600 was running in, I don't reckon they will last the mileage I'll be doing with the heat and extra weight of the tail pack, so any recommendations ?

2. Bridgestone s21's?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Metzeler M7RR's, good mileage , decent dry weather grip & excellent wet weather.
    Maintain their shape well for the duration too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Take @Rosso's advice. M7RR will go the distance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks all will see if I can get some metz delivered by Saturday, ...lol leave til last minute.com

6. +1 for the Metz

7. Got an even bigger issue now, tried taking off the rear wheel.....fcuk me tight ain't the word, I broke the back wheel socket, somehow stripped the 1/2" center socket..

1st time wheel have been off aswell, ah well tomorrow is another day !

8. You will need an impact driver. Been the subject of a number of recent posts. Mains or battery but a minimum of 500 ish Nm torque. DeWalt do a brushless 18v beast that delivers over 900Nm but costs an arm, a leg and 3 toes from the other foot. Failing that, get the tyre fitter to do it. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bike is on a abba stand, stripped down checking all the fixings lost a few before, so will put it back together in the morning an seek help

10. Its the Dewalt DCF899, sadly Cornwall a little far for me to come and whip ya wheel off, but if you can borrow one ?? Good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Couldnt get it off with that? Have they Locseal greened the nut? Good luck Brom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 3/4 drive 55mm socket and T-bar with a piece of pipe get's them off no problem ;)

13. I'm yet to see an impact driver that works as well as my big boy 1 (1.5?) meter breaker bar. In fact I've actually never seen an impact gun that could even get the tightest nuts off? You also need to buy a proper old school chrome..moly... socket as the shiney aluminium ones sold online are made of cheese. I never do my rear nut up to the recommeded torque now after having some major fights trying to get the thing off after it getting hot on track.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Back to the tyre's, I have just retuned (yesterday) from a Spain trip thrashing through the mountains on Bridgestone S21's. We did around 1700 miles and I would say that the tyres would do the same again. The front is quite confidence inspiring and has a lovely neutral balance to it, the rear has a very even wear right across the tyre.
    The roads in the Spanish mountians are very different to ours as thier tarmac looks to have quite a lot of quartz or something similar in it and is very abrasive on tyres. You can see the tarmic glistening in the sun.
    I would have no hesitation on fitting Bridgestones again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Borrowed one and snapped it

16. Ended up getting S21's couldn't get the metz rr7 delivered in time, but they were cheaper aswell

17. A lot of people have mentioned to me that the s21's are the rubber to have in that sector at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ended up going to 3 different bike dealers all failed, my tyre man borrowed a 3/4 bar and a 55mm socket from a haulage company, broke the 3/4 knuckle.... Ended up riding to GT's at Plymouth, dealt with a fella Steve who took the bike, got get a cuppa in the café and I ll see you in 5,... it was less than that...an never even charged me to "Topman"

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information