1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Stalling

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JAT, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Hello, I have an issue with my 1299 in that it stalls occasionally. Normally when I’m pulling away at a junction which is annoying, she has a full Akrapovic system and has been up mapped.
    It’s probably just Ducati character but I was wondering if anyone has a cure. She’s tucked up in bed now for the winter, what a bike!
    Cheers

2. Have you checked your wrist out?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. It seems to die as I pull away, if I catch it in time a bit more throttle sorts it. Less of the cheek!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ding, ding there’s your answer!

5. I concede!!
    Git!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. My old 1198 did that too. CJS fixed that. But I know what you mean on 1299 too as its ever so slightly different. Theres almost a throttle blip as you open taps pull away. Something that appears, to me anyways, to be an instruction from the ecu like an autoblip. Sometimes that blip just dies for no reason and no amount of opening taps cures it. Its happened to me once or twice on 1299s, but as it happened loads on old 1198 I have an almost instant re-press the starter button reaction to it. I think its something on the mapping that needs tweaking.

7. That’s precisely the issue, I expect it now so I’m adapting to it. It still catches me out occasionally, a remap maybe the answer.

8. I cant commend CJS enough for the map on my 1198 (170rwbhp, 107ft.lbs). Im taking 1299 down their over the winter. Plus you get to listen to Rich at louigi moaning.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks, that’s what I’ll do.

10. Mine does the same. It makes pulling away from lights etc ‘interesting’. What I don’t like is the inconsistency. Sometimes when you open the throttle to pull away you get revs. Other times you get hardly anything and it can stall. Throttle spacers to remove the slack improved the feeling a bit, but it still catches me out every now and then. It seems to work better if you continually blip the throttle whilst you wait for the lights to change. :)

11. I've never had this on mine... Bog standard at the moment though (other than throttle spacers). On occasion it's cut out when coming up to a roundabout or junction but that's it.

Admittedly it took a little while to get used to the aggressive nature of the clutch and i stalled it often to start with...

12. Exactly the same with me. I do find it bizarre sometimes the way the throttle reacts at low rpm.

13. I also run throttle mod. Makes it easier to control.

14. Has anyone found a definative answer/fix to this yet? I have been out on mine today and stalled the bugger 3 times, once whilst pulling onto a roundabout. It's embarrasing enough for a bike that gets all of the attention that it gets but could also be considered downright dangerous.

15. Nope, it’s just ‘character’. I’ve been out on mine too and didn’t stall it once. You just have to be ready for it and adjust accordingly. The more you ride it the more you will adapt to it.

16. Ive done 8k miles on it owned the bike for 2yrs now.

17. Mine has 15k now. It is much better now than it was 5k miles ago. It has just had its ‘big’ service.

18. Mine does this as well, had akro fitted recently bnut not been out on it yet …. ffs

19. Mine's done it twice (from memory) after 500 miles with standard exhaust - I put it down to the fact it's being ridden by an idiot. I was thinking of the full system and the remap, but not sure I can warrant the cost and I know my wife will have something to say about it.
    I'll see how it goes.........

20. Does a TPS reset have no effect??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information