1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1299 Superleggera Sl Carbon

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Biot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Yours for 80k unregistered at Seastar, Norwich.
    Lovely. IMG_0514.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chatting to Wilf at Moto Rapido a few days back, he ran his for over 600 miles, and then still got RRP cost back when he sold it. Won't be long and some one will pay 100k for one possibly.....

3. Never thought I'd see one in the flesh, so to speak. Stunning bike. Left a thumb print on it. Not saying where:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Saw that when I was in there on Saturday. I'll probably be thrown off the forum for saying this, but I just didn't like it! Might look better in proper Ducati red, but not in that near-orange hue... And you could probably have a 1098R and a D16 for that money; or a nice 750/900SS.

I'll get me coat!

• Like Like x 1
  5. You could get both of those for the price of that rear wheel :p ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's a lot of money, A LOT of money. :(

7. They have gone up already. A month or so ago there were 2 in Italia in Lincoln both sold and they said they were 72K each

8. I think it's just this dealer being a tad greedy and opportunistic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Not if they weren't rubber-band powered.

10. I saw 6 fresh off the line at the factory last month and heard one running on the rolling road. An experience I will remember for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The original SL has depreciated, so will these. MCs haven't quite got to the level of supercar valuations where only a few are released and they never depreciate. When the SLV4 carbon is released ;)

12. nah, its ok, but do you have anything a bit more expensive?

13. 'smart' investments into bikes need to be in things like original Brough Superior SS100s or Vincent Black Shadows and not these modern 'tricked up standard bikes', especially when you can build something to very near its spec for a fraction of the price.

But people will buy them, constantly bang on about how great they are even though they probably never ride them, and try and hype the price for the whole time they own them. It's how it is for most people when they spend a chunk on something they think will be an investment only to realise they've been a bit foolish yet still don't want to accept it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. old classic bikes are ok, but in 20 or 30 years whos gonna want them apart from museums, its only nostalgia that keeps them valuable, the nostalgic ones will be dead soon, then it will be us collecting 80's and 90's stuff. Probably......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. That's a good point actually, which is why I have 2 1998 R1s in white and red. Needless to say one's for sale next month

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bike was owned by a customer who decided to sell it via the dealer, as he never really rode it. I'm guessing they'll take a cut but I believe the individual probably has more to do with the asking price. Saying that it's been sat in the showroom for quite a few weeks now.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. How much faster is it than my 1299s? Then how much is the £/mph or £/bhp extra? Are you a track god? (me, no chance) thus what value to a normal guy other than posessing a more expensive bike is there to be had? Besides a good pair of levis are often better than a bespoke pair of trousers under most conditions.
    If you are a track god i can see the point. But for normal people, other than willy waving in car park i see little point. Esp when a green frame SS top trumps it or a desmo. Hell even a 916 sp is cooler. But had i the money would i, nope. Id have the SS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. £36,000,000 jackpot for euro millions tomorrow. If we won we could buy 450 at 80k each. Who’s in?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lucky
    My 1198 sounded so good flat out on the dyno, just never heard one on track !!
    Maybe need to go along to a bsb next year

Do Not Sell My Personal Information