1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299 Track Fairings

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Apr 29, 2017.

1. So I understand the DP fairings are a 'plug & play' type of job..

I'm assuming the tail section is a separate order?

Can anyone explain to me some details about them & how to order/fit and what to order etc?

Cheers,

2. I'm pretty sure I ordered the DP fairings online/eBay through motorapido but il check. The fit is great and it comes with all the fastenings and screws so you can keep originals with original fairings. Tail section was bought separately but through same company, kit comes with all blanking plugs and headlight unit but I haven't changed that over as still sometimes use on the road, other mates have bought fairings for R1m etc and had no end of bother having to cut bits etc but the DP fairings are a great fit straight off with the originals and on with these. There's a good YouTube vid for the headlight unit if it get a bit confusing what's come off and what hasn't.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I can't see it on eBay at the minute, but at the time a chap at my local dealership said he could order it in, if they are still making it your local dealer might be able to help as it came as a complete pack

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I have the fitting instructions on PDF if you want them (for the rear and main fairings )

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Could I get a copy of those from you? Mine didn't come with them and it would be good to have for reference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I didn't either.... although as I'm only using the fairings (which are just OE fairings unpainted - hence the great fit), I used the workshop manual to switch my bits over.

As far as what to order where, there are two things you need to order:

Main fairing part #97180271A:
    DUCATI Ducati Racing Fairing Kit | 97180271A

And

Tail part #97180281A
    DUCATI Ducati Racing Tail Guard Kit | 97180281A

to save money on paint jobs, I had mine wrapped for £250:

IMG_5881.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Hi Jolley,

I’ve recently bought the DP fairing kit and looking to go the wrap route. Can I ask where you got your’s done? Also, did you have to have them painted first as I’ve just been told by a shop that the vinyl doesn’t adhere to gel coat very well?

Thanks

Matt

8. Eurotint did mine. Mine were not painted. I did have a couple of bubbles appear by the exhaust, however painting wouldn’t have changed that. I had mine 2 years without any unsticking issues. If they are done properly you should be fine. It is worth spraying the inside of the panel in black just so you can’t see the natural white of the plastic anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So just started fitting these fairing kits, starting with the front. Really impressed with the fact this is basically a whole set of unpainted fairings, high quality dummy lights and all the fasteners required.

Quick question re the electrical connectors, my set doesn’t appear to include the 4 x end caps referred to in the instructions for the 2 x low & 2 x high beam redundant connections now the headlights removed. Don’t seem to be getting any errors without them though?

Am I right I’m assuming the three plugs included are for the 1299s with the full LED setup?

10. Yes, only the 1299S LED lights need the plug. Anything else just leave as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Top man, thanks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information