1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, Dec 20, 2021.

1. How much difference would a remap, decat and 2 teeth on the rear sprocket make to a 1299?

2. A lot. You’ll struggle to keep the front end down :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. My 99 R1 and K6 GSXR1000 were brilliant wheelie bikes. Even with the anti wheelie turned right down, the 1299 not as much :(.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Just buy a V4 or S1000RR ;)
    Decat and a proper remap should free up the engine...isn't possible to go 1 down on the front?

5. make a big difference in your bank balance. unless you go 2nd hand end cans, and should smooth the engine out somewhat too.

6. I run 41, youll need a longer chain 106 links from memory and get either the supersprox bimetal or a good aluminioum one. Its a huge improvement in ridability and you will not notice any lack of top speed.

Get Akra or Termi slip ons with the upmap and a K&N filter and you should be good to go, alternatively stay stock and get it dynoed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. wonder if you could turbo a 1299?? :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ^ Supercharger. No lag then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maybe I should buy an R, and just kid myself it's faster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. @pauly i know where there is a hyabusa turbo for sale.

11. In terms of what?
    Acceleration
    Top end
    Power curve/delivery
    Torque curve/delivery
    Road manners

It will make a difference, but without knowing what you want to achieve it's impossible to say if it will meet your goals.

12. i run a 14 tooth front and RB evo on my 1299, regardless of exhaust it smooths out the low end drive a lot

13. More use than top end to me now. Due to the mainly crappy roads in Lincolnshire. And I don't fancy chucking a load of dosh at some cans, if they don't fill in the mid range by say 10 bhp.

14. You're ignoring my point Cook, as per usual. : unamused:.

#14 pauly, Dec 21, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  15. No wonder the anti wheelie did not stop the 99 R1 lifting the front ,as i don't think it had any :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. It didn't stop the S1000RR doing it.

17. i would also consider the Evo software update if your 1299 doesn't have it already.. as this changes the parameters for the TC and I found it less limiting after the software install ( drive out of corners was improved dramatically)

• Like Like x 1
  18. depending on your bike, some seem to surge a lot with standard mapping and exhaust configuration in the lower revs,
    you can fix this with a remap or just a Rapid bike unit, mine adds 12 hp with the auto correction facility.

• Like Like x 1
  19. do you have the akrapovic up -map installed as well?

20. You running std pipes mate ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information