1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 1299s Track Bike

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Aup guys just bought a 1299s its in road trim at the min but will only be used on track what mods have people done other than fairings and g.b engine covers the bike in standard form dosnt really need much moding if am honest and next question the electric suspension is all new to me so is it a case of just setting the sag and it will do the rest ?

2. i use mine on track ( 1299s) still getting to grips with the El suspension though, and the plethora of settings for EBC etc..
    i did the ECU Evo update and that seems to have settled the bike down with regards to corner exit control, and i replaced the rear spring for a more suitable one ( im 100kg ish dry)
    i use the DP rearsets matched with he DP race seat, and they complement each other in relation to body position, GB racing covers, front axle sliders, and swning arm protection were tested last year to great sucesess with only marginal damage and a few scratches.
    get some R&G lockstop savers (or other manufacture) to save the bottom yoke steering locks being snapped in a slight breeze.... as it seems to be a common issue with track bikes and quickly becomes a 500+ euro repair.
    it would be interesting to get the consensus of suspension settings now the bikes are a few years old, and experience should be a bit more defined. ( ill post my settings shortly)
    i have got some EBC brake pads GPFax to try out next month as i found the oem started to give me brake fade ( but will bleed clutch and brake systems prior to changing them) but i hear the Brembo Z04 is the best performer, and will get a set for later in the year.
    I also bought a set of 1098 wheels and discs and used a set of spacers without issue.
    next for me is the consideration of a Rapid bike evo/Race or reflash to complement the Akra system and Sprint P08 filter, but if you dont have an Exhaust yet i would look a the SPF twin pipe system, as it has a 102dB version as the bikes are loud, and i have been black flagged once already.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information