1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299s Wheels Wanting To Buy ?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by james griffin, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys is anyone selling a set of wheels to fit the 1299s ?

2. Thread moved

3. I so need to get to use with the site lol i just put my stuff in the panigale forum thinking its in the right place lol

4. Hi mate I've got some 1198s wheels or was it the pani wheels you wanted?

5. Panigale S wheels or some sort of uprated wheels mate but cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you get your wheels?
    I'm might have mine for sale very soon, still on the bike.
    Bike is 1299s and has done only 1500 miles and they are as new.
    No tyres but might leave front discs if the price is right.
    TBH not sure what to look at but was told they are about £1500.

let me know

7. Hi no still havnt got a pair but 1500 is to much for me sorry been watching ebay and few mint sets with discs have finished at £1000 to £1200

8. Might be worth sharing your budget as if you've seen them go for 1000 - 1200, are you expecting them cheaper than that ? Why didn't you buy the eBay ones ?

9. To far to travel and they wouldnt post

10. Thanks, I'll have that in mind.

11. I might have a rear for sale in a few months depending on what I do with the bike when it gets back from Oz.

12. Very rarely do they go for that. For the 18months I was looking they were normally up around £1500. It is possible to fit the forged wheels from the 1198 etc bikes with some spacers, and you can usually pick those up for £700 (or even cheaper).

13. How much for the rear will you post ?

14. Screenshot_20190121-130211_Messenger.jpg

15. I said rarely and you said with discs. Sure they occasionally come up for less (sometimes even with discs), however the exception does not prove the rule. To add, I was just going off the experience of looking for a set when I had my 1299S. There is (with all bike parts) a seasonal variation as well. The best time to buy is Nov/Dec, the worst time is Feb-Sept. I actually came to the conclusion I was better off selling my Marchesinis and buying two sets of second hand OZ wheels.

#17 Jolley, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  16. I'd second what @Jolley says as I've been keeping an eye out for a front for a couple of years and failed to find one cheap. It's very very difficult to find a pair with discs for under £1500 and they are usually well worn discs if they are. £1200 without discs is about normal.

17. You can get a set of front used discs for as little at £150 that still a good few hundred under the £1500 mark

18. And the lad said he MIGHT leave the discs on if the price is right so £1500 they MIGHT not even come with discs. At that price they will still be for sale next year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information