1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'19 950 "creative" Plate Mounting

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by dynastyss, May 4, 2020.

1. Hey everyone.

I ripped the fender off and installed the integrated taillight from Italo Shop (which is very cool btw), and now I want to figure out the best way to mount my plate. I don't care about lights, legibility, legality, vertical vs horizontal, etc. I just want to be able to point and say hey I have a plate.

I saw someone online do the vertical set up between the two stock cans but it is unclear how he mounted that up. I have also seen someone mount it on the y pipe of the stock exhaust, but my gut said zip ties but afraid they would melt.

I am going to be stock cans for a bit and then go SC scr-1 for what it is worth.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. I think with some metalworking skills it would be easy to use the stock mounts to hang a plate that hangs more vertically and protrudes less horizontally while still clearing the cans. In the UK we have plates the size of barn doors so I don't think it would look neat. I have a slightly smaller plate than legal and it will still look a bit messy.

I never thought of using the y-piece though. Could something be done with extra pipe clamps used to support a welded or bolted-on mount?

3. Subscribed! Looking to do the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spent $0.98 and made my own

IMG_20200526_190130~2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information