1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 190/55 Rear Tire On A 959?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by TheX, May 5, 2017.

1. Yes. I am running a Pilot Road 4 190/55 on the rear with a Pilot Power 3 on the front. No traction control lights or issues. Turn in is incredible. I heard a lot of people sharing opinions about the results of using this size tire, but none of them had actually done it, so...I did. I'm happy to say that the doom and gloom didn't happen. Works great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. BTW, I should explain why this thread even exists. I love PR4 tires on the rear on the street, hated trying to find a 180/60. Some tire makers list their 190/55 as a direct replacement for the 959, but...some people claim that they "heard" that there are DTC issues running that size. I decided to try it, and it works fine. The people that "heard" the rumors hadn't actually used the offending tire.

3. DTC on the 959 really struggles more on the edge of the tyre in damper colder conditions. Just switching my 959 to the Supercorsas caused it to have a fit round the fast right at Silvertone onto the old finish line. Normal riding I really doubt you'll struggle, but that isn't really when the DTC is likely to save you...

4. Conversely, my multi has 190/55 tyres and for Oulton I put a 180/60 on and i have some new rubber for another bike. Worked fine :upyeah:

5. I just ordered a 190/55 Rosso II for my 899, will get back with the results. I doubt I’ll notice anything, as I’m not at all an aggressive rider.

6. Someone made the point a little while ago that fitting a non-recommended tyre-size could cause insurance issues...

7. Current tyre
    3B6C1A85-BC0B-4D45-995E-FFBC0D83C78B.jpeg

New tyre...
    75BF68BD-57FE-4C55-9ED2-30F10F985D0B.jpeg

8. It says on the Bridgestone website that the 190/55 is a direct replacement for the rear if you go for the s21. I've a 190 on my 899 but it came like that so I can't make a comparison.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information