1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1967 Wards Riverside (benelli) 250 Sport - Lincs, Ln7

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Fire3500, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is my 1967 Wards Riverside (Benelli) 250 Sport

Wards Riverside sold a variety of Italian small capacity machines in America in the 1960s and 1970s and this beautifully patinated example is just a gorgeous and sweet-riding little bugger that needs loving... superleggera? This thing is superleggera.

It's just been freshly gone through by Italia Moto in Lincoln and a number of jobs attended to; new gear change return spring, some wiring and electrical system repairs/tidying and fuel taps sorting out... good thorough check over, service and thumbs-up.

It's a super cheap way into classic Italian ownership and rides spot on. The bike is tax and MOT exempt, and at £4,500 I couldn't make it any cheaper. Find another!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This short film isn't my bike but is the same bike...

Mega little thing, absolute sweetheart of a bike

• Like Like x 12
  2. What a little peach! GLWS

Benellis were beautifully engineered right up to the 'Honda-ised' models, the last 'real' Benelli was the 650 Tornado.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! It's a glorious little thing, and to think... USA got these as "catalogue bikes" whereas my Mum's old Kay's catalogue used to offer a Tomos!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I had a Tornado 650S and had to do plenty of research to find parts for it and understand its background and origins, so I became familiar with Cosmopolitan Motors, the Berliner Bros and the whole Wards Riverside story. A fascinating time and a really interesting era in the history of the development of the American market for Italian motorcycles. I also have a part rebuilt 100cc Cadet that was part of the infamous Bill Hannah shipment from the Berliners (a saga I've shared with the Forum previously)

Your WR really is a lovely thing

Good luck with finding it a good home

• Like Like x 2
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nice vid. GLWS

• Like Like x 1
  7. Deposit received - provisionally sold!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Done :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information