1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1972 - 750 Ducati Marzocchi Triple Clamps

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by dave higgs, Jul 28, 2020.

1. hi all

I recently bought a basket case 750 .. it was heavily crashed 32 years ago and taken apart and stored. it looks like the triple claps for the leading axle marzocchi forks are twisted / bent ... does anyone in the ducati world have experience in straightening these bad boys.... can it be done ? does it need heat ... does any one have a lower for sale ?

2. Hi Dave: It's good to see a post here after so long. I can't help directly with your question but strongly advise that you post the same on one of the bevel-specific facebook groups. If you are not a fb fan, I will happily do this for you and report back.

On the Ducati Bevel Parts and Marketplace fb forum, there is a May 2020 post from a fellow in France selling 750s/GT forks and yolks

#2 Rick Ducati, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  3. hi rick ... i am not a facebook user .. however i could talk to a random mum and ask them to search for me ( chuckle )
    would you be able to ask if they are available ? for me

4. Will do Dave. Hopefully I can report back with something positive.
    Here is the post from France. If you are interested I can connect to you to the seller, assuming the parts are still available.:
    [​IMG]

5. Motorliner in Maidstone are very skilled in straightening bent bits. Worth an enquiry Shirley?

6. Where in BC are you Dave? I'm in Gibsons. Already got a few responses; one fellow tried straightening triple clamps and gave up. I think finding replacements is the way to go.

7. He's in British Columbia :)

8. some responses from fb groups:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information