1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1982 Pantah 500sl

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Derek, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have decided to sell my Pantah 500SL. It is recently restored and is in immaculate condition. Current mileage is 30,151 km ( 18,735 Miles)

Ducati Pantah 500SL5.jpg

The bike has had 2 previous owners. The first owner bought the bike new and stripped it down in 1987 with the intention of refurbishing it but 27 years later it was still in bits which he sold to the 2nd owner. However the 2nd owner came to realise that the rebuild was a bit beyond his capabilities so the bike came to me in March 2016 in various boxes of bits.

The frame, swinging arm, instrument/fairing support bracket and centre stand were stripped back to bare metal, primed and powder coated. The tank, seat, fairing and side panels were professionally painted to a very high standard with graphics supplied by Imageworks.

The chainguard, brake and gearchange levers, rear indicator stem & nuts, brake pull rod, front fairing brackets have all been re-chromed.

The heads were removed and the bores inspected, fortunately they were in good order. While the heads were off they were cleaned, rebuilt with new valve stem seals and re-shimmed. New cam belts were fitted and the faulty neutral switch replaced.

The clutch was inspected and a new crankshaft oil seal fitted. The starter motor was stripped and refurbished.
    The carburettors were stripped, ultrasonic cleaned and rebuilt with new gaskets and float needle assemblies.
    K&N air filters and crankcase filters are currently fitted but the original air box with a new filter is available.

All brake calipers were rebuilt with new pistons and seals throughout and Goodridge stainless braided hoses fitted. New brake pads fitted all round..
    Forks were checked and new fluid installed. A pair of good used Marzocchi Strada rear shocks have been fitted. These have been repainted and fitted with new bushes.
    Wheels have been repainted gold and fitted with new Avon Roadrider AM23 tyres

A new fuse box was fitted with blade fuses and the wiring modified with an ignition switched relay to provide a direct feed for the ignition modules. The wiring to the ignition pickups was found to be disintegrating and was completely replaced. A modern charge warning light device has been fitted replacing the non-working Motoplat device.
    New chain and sprockets fitted with a 40t rear to lower the gearing for improved road use.
    The tank securing rubbers, brake and gear lever rubbers and handlebar grips were all replaced. New fuel taps fitted.

The bike is fitted with a period Conti 2-1 exhaust that came with it. Stainless fasteners have been used throughout.

The bike was finally finished by autumn 2016 and back on the road for the first time in 30 years in May 2017. Since then it has only been ridden approx. 500 kms. Every thing is fully functional with no problems.
    In July 2018 it won the Best Bike in its Class award at the Scottish National Assembly of Vintage Motorcycles at Blairgowrie, Perthshire. The bike is in Angus, Scotland.

Best offer over £5,000 secures. I can be contacted on 07963 246433

Ducati Pantah 500SL6.jpg Ducati Pantah 500SL8.jpg Ducati Pantah 500SL10.jpg Ducati Pantah 500SL12.jpg Ducati Pantah 500SL11.jpg Ducati Pantah 500SL1.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. Simply stunning. GLWS Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stunning. You know your stuff so will be a fantastic buy for any interested party. Hope she goes to a good home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. A comprehensive advert,and you should have no problem selling the metal:upyeah:

5. Lovely. GLWS.

6. Blimey, that's unexpected. I hope all is well with you @Derek and GLWS! Beautiful bike.

7. Ach! It's not the most comfy bike I've ever ridden. The seat is about level with the bars and the required crouch gives me a sore neck (due to my age I guess). I have done very few miles on it and probably won't use it much so it is as well it goes you someone who can make better use of. I have another 3 Ducatis and could use the space. The fun for me was the restoration.
    WTF is GLWS?
    Scrub that, I just looked it up. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. GLWS and nice one Derek!

9. Very nice looking Pantah mate, if i didnt already have a full garage i would be buying it... it wont be with you for long.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beautiful! If only I could!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great looking bike, well presented. I really like the Pantah style and colour scheme. Good luck with selling it. Looks worth £6,000 of anybody's money to me @Derek .

12. Beautiful, be sold before next Wednesday or my cock is a kipper....I’d love that bike.

13. How is this not sold?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Not looking good for your smoked, dried genitals...

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. I’m on a boat Wednesday so the smoker will need to be a good swimmer, it will sell it looks lovely.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Can someone buy this bike before I get back to the uk please?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not sold yet. Shame about your kippered Willie :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I would buy it to display if I did not choose to ride it, it’s a lovely looking bike

19. Can I pay weekly?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information