1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1989 851 Strada (monoposto) - Lincs, Ln7

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Fire3500, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This one is going to be a wrench... so please buy one of the others I'm listing...

• 1989 Ducati 851 Strada (monoposto), one of 751 made.
    • 20,995km recorded on the odometer
    • 3 owners from new
    • Extensively recommissioned in 2018/19 by Italia Moto in Lincoln not restored!
    • Wonderful to ride, listen to and look at
    • Heading back to Italia Moto for service and MoT imminently so will be up to date.
    • Wealth of documentation supplied inc. original handbooks etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I always wanted one of these, it had to be an early one... it had to be a monoposto.

Forum rules insist that I put a price, so for guidance... £10,000 but if you're serious, talk to me... as with all my bikes, Italia Moto take care of them for me and I just enjoy riding them and polishing them. This bike has been known to them since it was nearly new. Phil will likely be pretty cross with me for selling it. :(

• Like Like x 13
  2. Why are you letting it go?
    It's not the exact model that I'd go for, but I'm sure they'll be a queue for it even in these strange times.
    Good luck with your sale though.

Steve R

3. Bottom line is that a property has come up that we're really keen to try and buy. We've been trying to bring our existing crumbly pile up to scratch but if we could stretch and get the place we're looking at then it ticks all the boxes for us.

I love my motorbikes very much, they're my main hobby / distraction... I know about the n+1 rule but we really do have too many, and the CV19 thing has focused me a bit... If someone is going to buy this then they need to do it quick before I become despondent and change my mind. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Happy to talk offers.

5. Hope you’re ready for all the packet of Wotsits offers :p

6. Given that the volume of Wotsits required to buy the 851 might present the buyer with a logistical inconvenience, I'm willing to accept "money" which I will convert into Wotsits at my own cost. This is unusual for a Ducati Forum trade I know, but in these exceptional times I feel it's the least I can offer to do in order to help reach a deal during the Covid crisis.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bump (partly courtesy of @XH558 ;))

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That is a beauty :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. And still for sale.

10. Festive bump... Season's greetings to all. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. New battery, front wheel bearing, steering headset bearings fitted during last service in October 2021 along with rear sets stripped and cleaned. New clutch fitted at the last service.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Please can we close the thread. 851 has left the building @Ducbird

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thread closed

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information