1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1992 Ducati 900 Supersport Gbp 6,500 Ono

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Fire3500, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sad to say that I'm selling my 1992 (1992 model year, registered in 1993) Ducati 900 Supersport.

The bike is an early white frame, white wheel model with many features specific to the early bikes (e.g. helmet lock, small tank breather etc.) and benefits from some nice period modifications (Dynojet kit, Termi's with modified 851 spaghetti headers, Ohlins rear shock). The mods have been undertaken to a high standard by Baines Racing and the bike was then looked after by ProTwins.

Since I've owned the bike I've had it fully gone through by Italia Moto in Lincoln and they have completed a full annual 2 service, plus some items like; new Hel hose on rear brake, valve clearances, new Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres and a carb set-up. The bike runs faultlessly and pulls like a train (up to an indicated 150mph on the clocks with ease... so a real-world 130mph+

It's a low mileage example with just under 17,000 showing on the clocks. The needles are a bit faded and so I have a far nicer set of clocks wth 17,500 showing on the ODO. I was waiting out the mileages to be aligned before fitting them. Otherwise the bike is in beautiful condition, with nice bright frame and wheels and lustrous red bodywork. The early bikes are definitely the best looking, and this one has the go to match.

Typical problems on the early bikes include; broken head studs (this bike has had them replaced by Ducati early on), cracked frame (not affecting this bike) and cracked alloy swinging arm (not affecting this bike). You will struggle to find a better example of this year and these are appreciating in value.

I'm looking for GBP 6,500 ono and the bike is located in North Lincolnshire LN7.

IMG_6249.jpg IMG_6250.jpg IMG_6246.jpg IMG_5662.jpg IMG_5417.jpg IMG_5411.jpg IMG_5404.jpg

#1 Fire3500, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. never mind dustbins - am loving the kitchen shots :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. She was cooking me up a ragu, traditional Borgo Panigale recipe apparently. Was tasty enough, I could really believe it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Great bit of kit:upyeah:....................back on top so people see it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pulled the little bugger out of the lockup today and gave her a good clean and a check over. Oil and filter changed (needs a new al' crush washer on the gauze filter now though as I didn't have one and it's weeping... job for during the week). Also fitted a new OE bobbin on the oil cooler as one had perished. Seems also that time flies when you're having fun, as an interested potential buyer observed that the MOT had run out after doing some pre-viewing checks online... oops.

Bike will be MOTd before sale at my cost for the asking price!

BF5165D6-8B68-4796-B616-EBE41CBD9056.jpg 076CAAD1-DBE3-44FA-9F81-A7BA6212658A.jpg 8299C51C-C30A-41DB-8DA9-C9E528B90277.jpg

6. Crush washer now done on gauze filter. All tickety boo.

Less than 500 miles and I can change the clocks to the non-faded ones! :)

7. lovely bike... whats the mutt got in its mouth and what breed. looks good (ive a black working lines lab bitch)

8. Not far off, it's a Pets At Home version of similar. :)

Desmo is a border collie, he's a short-haired tricolour blue merle (or a harlequin merle some people seem to prefer). He's a complete spaz, as he's only 10 months old. Fun though! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just a reminder to all that this great bike is looking for a new owner. I've seen the bike and the pictures don't reflect the deep red paint, bright white frame and wheels on this beauty. The current owner's knowledge and passion for the bike does him credit. If you're thinking of an early carby then you really need to see this one.:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thanks buddy, anyone wanting to have a look can find it now at a reduced price in the showroom of Italia Moto in Lincoln. They're selling it on my behalf and are great to deal with. :)

11. Looking beautiful in the Italia Moto showroom :)

12. Agreed. Best looking bike in the shop and worth every penny.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bon voyage 900...

@El Toro if you'd do the honours please? Ta! :)

14. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information