1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1995 Ducati 600ss

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by AFPU, Jul 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. The time has come to sell my 1995 Ducati 600SS (M165 JPJ) as we are soon due to move house and at 63 I have decided that something less sporty and perhaps more relaxed is required going forward.

_DSC1313.JPG
    _DSC1314.JPG _DSC1316.JPG _DSC1317.JPG _DSC1318.JPG _DSC1319.JPG _DSC1320.JPG _DSC1321.JPG _DSC1322.JPG

If you search the forum you will come across a number of threads relating to the bike, in particular ‘Duke of Stow’ looking for their old bike. Duke of Stow had asked for first refusal but has passed as they are not currently in a position to purchase her.

She has been off the road (SORN) for a few years as I have been busy doing other stuff, and I had planned on having her recommissioned by Pro Team Ducati in Strood. But I think I have run out of time and will have to sell her as she is. Pro Team Ducati were due to carry out the following works:
    • Fit new belts (included)
    • Supply & fit new rear disc (advisory on last MOT)
    • Supply & fit new chain & sprockets
    The quoted cost of such was £334 (including £40 for collection and return).

So I am offering her for £2,250 as she is, but am open to offers.

Mileage is: 24,317.

When I recommissioned the bike back in 2013 I fitted a replacement tank, as the original had corroded; had the tank and fairing resprayed with new decals to match those that were originally on the bike including the Dr Desmo decals.

One of the previous owners, Duke of Stow, confirmed that the bike is fitted with a Stage 2 Dynojet kit and that the exhaust was converted by Baines to match the stage 2 Dynojet kit; whereby the end caps were removed, the baffles and wadding removed and a straight through pipe and wadding inserted. The airbox was also drilled out. As part of the recommissioning I fitted mirror extension blocks and adjustable aftermarket levers, and used stainless steel fixings wherever possible.

She is currently shod with Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II's front & back and has a gel battery (currently on trickle charge).

Bearing in mind she is over 25 years old now she is in good condition, but by no means perfect as there are the usual signs of corrosion on the engine casings, and in places on the wheels and frame.

Included are the following:
    • New set of timing belts.
    • Original seat and seat cowl.
    • Spare set of new adjustable levers (black)
    • 2 x spare secondhand rear shocks.
    • Haynes Manual.
    • 2 x intake trumpets (not required due to the drilled out airbox)
    • Paperwork including the Pre-Delivery Inspection Certificate dated 1st Jan 1995, old V5's and MOT's etc along with mint condition Warranty & Maintenance Booklet and Owners Manual.
    • Some spare decals & stickers.
    • Paddock stand.
    • Oxford disc lock.
    I am based just outside of Canterbury and the bike can be viewed any day of the week, so feel free to arrange a viewing. Please note that she will need to be trailered away as no current MOT.

PM me if you want pictures of any specific aspects of the bike.

#1 AFPU, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GLWS

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Good luck with your sale
    Nice looking bike :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. GLWS, is this what you’re changing to

2F82D038-AD5B-43EB-B9AA-C6404B98E6B6.jpeg

5. GLWS, I'm in Sittingbourne and don't think I've ever seen another 600ss on the road. Loved having mine back the past year or two, great fun little bikes.

6. I tended to ride her over Sandwich and Deal way or through to Folkstone, so never ventured up the A2.

7. What a lovely advertisement, i wish you well with the sale.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I would really prefer if this went to a forum member, but so far there has been no interest. As I mentioned I am open to offers, so if I am way off on the pricing then please let me know.

9. If you really want or need to sell then I hope it goes to someone on the forum too - so you know what becomes of it. To me it looks very decent for the asking price.

I have now more or less given up on any idea of ever selling any of my bikes. They will go eventually, I suppose - once I am too decrepit or bewildered to ride them, or if I am in dire financial straits and have no choice.

Over the years I have had all the inbred halfwitted imbeciles try every gormless tyre-kicking trick under the sun to make me believe I am asking too much, or whatever, etc, etc. when they know fine well that they are just chancing their bullshitting luck. If it is a fair price for what it is then why try to make out that it is not?

I was trying to sell my 900 Supersport on here (and nowhere else) and got a couple of possibly realistic offers. In the end I did not want to sell to anyone who had not seen the bike in the flesh. That is now the end of my ever willingly trying to sell any motor-vehicle or parts or suchlike ever again in my life - I have had enough.

Anyway, good luck and just keep at it - someone will come along at some point and it will be just what they are looking for. I can just no longer be bothered waiting for that person while having to deal with the chancing idiots who really should be at the top of the list if there is ever an implementation of any sort of eugenics campaign in this excuse for a country.

If it were all only as simple as when I sold my flat in Aberdeen in less than 24 hours:
    Guy and his sister spend five minutes looking round the place;
    "How much do you want for it?"
    'Well, at least the valuation.'
    "OK, I will give you that then."
    'Right, I'll let my lawyer know, you do the same.'
    "No problem, I'll do that. A pleasure doing business with you. Thank you."
    'And thank you too.'

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Very true Mick-Bob and most people I have spoken to have said don't sell it but I guess we all have to move on, so let's hope there is someone out there who will be inspired and the right person for the bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It does although I would need a buddy to move it around and step ladders to get on these days :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi, I'm not a member but my stepson is and a huge Ducati fan and said it looks a good bike so if it's still available could you email me more info and pics to [email protected] please
    Cheers George

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi George
    Your very welcome to stay and be one of us :)

• Like Like x 1

14. @AFPU

15. E-mail sent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Provisionally SOLD to George Allen Wilson.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Congrats George :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brilliant :grinning:

19. Let me know when it’s done and I’ll close the thread :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information