1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996/7 Honda Stepwgn Camper Van - Wellhouse Leisure Conversion, Lincolnshire Ln7

Discussion in 'Non bike stuff for sale' started by Fire3500, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A sad day has come, it's time to sell our amazing little Steppy... :(

IMG_1554.jpg

We need to make some urgent house repairs so it's all hands to the pump and we're having to let him go.

IMG_1556.jpg

He's a fab little RF1 with a Wellhouse Leisure conversion. 2 berth with a turret poptop. Great condition internally and includes sink / hob / rock n roll bed / Webasto petrol night heater and Waeco fridge. Both front seats are captain's chairs and there is a 240/12v electric system onboard for charging etc, as well as a split charger. Also has Bosch driving lights and a Fiamm 2 bike bike-rack and Ultrabox for increasing storage (included if asking price is met)

IMG_1510.jpg IMG_1511.jpg IMG_1512.jpg

2.0 automatic with @ 230k *kilometres* on the clock, fully serviced (inc gearbox oil, new steering rack ends) just a few months back. Took us from Lincolnshire to Caithness and all around Scotland just at Christmas and didn't miss a beat. I'd literally go anywhere in it.

IMG_1541.jpg

Bad points? There are a few dings and scratches here and there, and a bit of rust on the rear arches that it wouldn't hurt to look at before the MOT is due 8th March. I don't think it'll fail on that or anything else as everything is / seems in good order... but low price reflects the short remaining MOT. These things are pretty ace, and compared to what you'd pay for a comparable T25 / T4 / T5 etc they are practically FREE!

IMG_1584.jpg

£4,000 ono - van is located in Lincolnshire LN7

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. I think you'll have more chance selling it with 12 months MOT.
    Get it MOT'd now, £40 or £25 and the jobs done....
    YOu can get an MOT a month before the expiry date, so it would have a 13 month MOT!
    You advert would be more positive.

I'd love it.... But £4000 of a 97 Honda.... But I no nothing about this market / product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well I'm open to close offers... ;)

Usually I'd agree, and I may well stick 12m ticket on it if I get the chance but I'm flat out with work at the moment. :)

Campervans are weird old things, they exist outside of normal economics. Look at any number of Vivaros, T5s and the such on eBay at £10-15k that are basically 200,000 mile builder's vans with about £3-6k worth of camping kit bolted on... it's mental. If this was a T4 or T5 in the same condition it'd be twice the price, scene-tax is a thing... an example here :scream:

An old Honda is a far more relaxing proposition than a mid-90's to mid-'10s VW, I've had a T5 and the thing was objectively pretty crap. The Honda looks like it belongs in a karaoke bar but it's cheerful and you avoid the scene connotations. It just does what it does rather nicely... and will probably continue doing so for a while yet. The Wellhouse conversions are cracking too, they do the "official" Ford Transit campers which are mega... but they are also £40k+

£4k for a 23 year old Honda might seem like madness, but then look at Ducati prices... they're a bit bonkers too. :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. @AirCon found you a cheaper one...

upload_2020-2-4_15-59-36.png

You're welcome!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. You gotta love takin a shit while grasping onto the kitchen sink.

It's what holidays are all about.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. The van look a better proposition than the house!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information