1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Ducati 750 Ss Auction. (also Mv And V4 Table)

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Hishine, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Spent a couple of days at the Nec preparing and Detailing a few vehicles for the Classic Car Show.
    Working for Silverstone Auctions they have a few bikes entered in the sale again including this Ducati 750 Super Sport with 10000 miles in ok condition.
    IMG_20171110_1118571.jpg
    IMG_20171110_1119192.jpg
    IMG_20171110_1119076.jpg

Also had a 2006 MV August F4 1000s with only 261 miles recorded.
    Both up for Auction today.
    IMG_20171109_1406583.jpg
    IMG_20171109_1407155.jpg

Bargain for me though was this great Honda V4 engine table with the pistons for feet...imaculate and sold for just £96!
    image-thumb.png

Great busy couple of days working there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bargain table! Didn't you buy it?

3. Unfortunately not, I worked there on Thursday and Friday, it went up for Auction Saturday and I completely forgot about it. Didn't expect it to go soo cheaply.

4. Love the look of the MV.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I'm liking the RS Turbo in the background!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Theres a nice white Lotus Cortina in the background too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. That sold for just under £20k, Another one in sale went for £44k.

8. You have that, I'll have either of the cars next to it.

9. Is the left one a D type?

10. Looks like it...even a replica is:

a. nicer
    b. probably worth more

11. It's a D-Type recreation built by Realm.
    • Realm Engineering of Honeybourne in Worcestershire has built up a fine reputation over almost four decades for its "RAM" recreations. In particular their Jaguar D-types, which benefitted from considerable design input by Reynard Racing into the chassis, resulting in greater strength and ultimately better road-holding.[​IMG]
    • It has 4.5l litre Ron Beatty / Forward racing 300/330bhp engine.
    It didn't sell and is currently up for around £43k.

12. Did it have an aluminium body or grp? Bargain if aluminum I suppose. Not a bargain if GRP.

13. Just going through the catalogue now...I see an almighty crash coming in this market any day, particularly in the 'very average car' sub-sector...like page 31...£15-20k for a turquoise coloured XR3i Converible...megalolz....what twat would want to drive round in that?

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/catalogues/nec-classic-motor-show-sale-2017/#30

Didn't we have a crash in this market about 20 years ago? It would be a bugger to be left with one of these 100k Ford Cosworths after the correction and they start going for sensible money again for another 15 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I believe it's a grp body.

15. Who knows whats going to happen to this market, following trends you would think that this bubble would burst soon but in all honesty certain makes/models seem to have become more stable but now other eras of cars especially 90s seem to be rising steeply and others have yet to climb. Certain low number or limited edition vehicles will always go up in value.
    Don't think you would have to worry to much about turquoise XR3i's as most people who buy these cars tend to just lock them away to hopefully appreciate and cash them in as part of there pension funds lol.
    It's a shame with the game changers or very special cars as they really were built to be driven.

16. Bubble gotta burst soon. Having pension funds are a thing of the past, so soon enough there will be nothing for anyone to take at retirement and splurge

17. Right..all the pensioners hoard all the cash, got their houses for 50 quid but want 500 grand for them. Miserable gits. I hope they all get stuck with their crappy 80s classics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information