1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1997 M900

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Nasher, Mar 14, 2021.

1. The time has come to move on my 1997 M900 with 17850 miles which I’ve owned since August 2014.
    It’s had the Oil and filter changed every August regardless of miles covered, and the fuel filter and belts changed every two years.
    I’m only selling because I need space for another project, and I’ve only done @400 miles on her in the last two years.
    The belts are due to be done this summer, but with only 400 miles on them I’d probably be chancing another year out of them this time.

I spent a lot of time when I first got her sorting out electrical issues, as the loom was a mess from previous bodged repairs, so although the loom isn’t completely standard now it is sound as doesn’t catch light any more which it did to me within a couple of months of ownership.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has some significant but subtle and really worthwhile mods:

900SS Cylinder Heads with the SS size bigger valves.
    These were fitted to it from almost new by a Ducati Dealer at the request of the original owner.
    The SS mechanical tacho drive is still in place and whizzes round and round when the engine is running.

[​IMG]

Ignitech programmable ignition module, which replaces the Ignitor boxes. The programming lead will be included.

[​IMG]

California Cycleworks High performance Coils and leads.

K&N Air Filter with open airbox lid and fabricated Clamp.

Motobatt Battery – 3yrs old but still very good.

[​IMG]

Later Ducati Multistrada Regulator /Rectifier and smart charge warning light indicator.
    This is really worthwhile and far better than the Electrix works RR51 aftermarket one that was fitted.

PureTEC Clutch slave cylinder.

[​IMG]

Aftermarket DUCATI Brake and Clutch Reservoir caps.

[​IMG]

Carbon rear Hugger.

[​IMG]

Carbon Side panels.

Later genuine Ducati Indicators.

Nearly new EBC front Disks – these really don’t have any wear at all.

The Vacuum Fuel Tap was replaced before my ownership with a large bore tap.
    I nearly replaced it with a std one several times but it flows really well so I haven’t.

Rebuilt Fuel Pump 3 years ago with kit from Allens Performance.

Aftermarket braided Brake lines – twin front.

New RH Fork Stanchion, both Fork seals, and oil less than 150 miles ago.

Tail chopped, done before I owned her and I like the look.
    I did however remake the number plate bracket, put a standard undertray back in, and rework the seat release mechanism.

[​IMG]

The only issue I’m aware of is that the rear tyre will get noted at the next MOT as it’s low, but not too low yet.
    I would have put a new one on before the MOT if I kept her.

Cosmetically the paint etc is good, although some areas of the frame do let it down slightly and I’d be repainting the Alternator cover this year if I was keeping her.

Looking on Ebay etc, I think a sensible price is £3200.

She can be viewed in Clanfield Hants.

Nasher

#1 Nasher, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It really looks nice. GLWS

3. That seems on the surface a very reasonable amount of money for a 2021 summer ride, someone mentioned to me a little while ago they've the last of last carburetor models in black with that carbon package...£5k

4. £5K is way over the top unless it's absolutely mint in my opinion.

The SS spec engine and Ignitech module are really good mods on mine.

Nasher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nice one Nash, good luck with your sale.

6. It has 16,ooo miles on the speedometer and looking in fab condition.:upyeah:

7. D23F2018-9A45-4A05-B4F9-88A6F8CFC598.jpeg ?

8. Yep, only a few extra miles, but nobody on 3 forums or Ebay has shown any interest in purchasing it, so I'm sticking with my lower price.
    If you check on Ebay etc I think his £5k is unrealistic.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I bought my 900ss same age lower mileage for around the same as your asking.
    Your not too far from the mark.

It’s s lovely bike, you should keep it?

10. I would love to keep it, but I have another project coming to work on and haven't enough space long term for 3 bikes.
    I also have very limited time to actually ride bikes, so can't justify too many.

I've rather fallen for my 1000SSie/900SL project I finished recently, and want to put some miles on it before I'd sell it.

Nasher.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information