1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 1998 916

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Karlos1971, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Advice needed again. Sorry to be a pain but don't want to buy a bad one.

Been offered this 1998 916. For 7k

Its got 14k mileage with a lot of history. Not sure about the valve service yet as waiting for an answer. Is this the correct body work for a late 916? Also is the ohlins standard? Think the belts would need doing again anyway. As it's been stood a while. Any advice appreciated .

IMG_1197.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice and yes 98 model decals/ohlins unit correct:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Worth 7k then? Waiting for more pics as there's a mark on the tank I need to see.

4. I think that's a fair price if everything is in order,i.e service work & V5/hpi etc,paintwork can be expensive so take that in to consideration:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is that not a 916 sps ? :eek:

6. I didn't think Ohlins rear suspension was standard on a 'bog standard' 916 in 1998, I thought it was Showa. Am I wrong? No doubt someone will know @Exige ?
    Not sure about it being an SPS, the brake lines are rubber not braided steel. Weren't SPS homologation specials? and therefore would have upgraded/uprated brake lines?
    I agree it looks like a '98 model from the fairings and wheels.

7. My ‘97 916 had Showa front and rear suspension

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No idea on these models - better to get the old graphics for future value (unless it's an SPS with Bi Posta seat fitted) :bucktooth:

9. Why do you think that :thinkingface:

10. No Ducati writing on the tank and only Ducati on top of the side fairings , ohlins shock

• Thanks Thanks x 1

11. I wondered why it didn't say Ducati on tank

12. Remember one thing if they've run out of showa suspension on the production line then they'd fit a ohlins unit:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've heard of that before..maybe ran out of tank logos too

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Italian glue...just not up to the job;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Original style discs and 40mm caliper bolt spacing - not sure if that is correct for a 98 916.

16. They didnt come as standard with a biposto subframe....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. No ohlins on the 99 bike, No tank decal ether, I fitted the DP decal to tank, Photo was of bike after I had sold it, Minus Mag Marchesinis/ Floating disks etc, Miss the old thing
    2010-05-16 10.02.40.jpg 2010-05-16 09.59.16.jpg

18. The 916SPS also has a 996 engine
    i Think this bike is simply a 916 Bip that at some time in its life has had an Ohlins shock fitted

Do Not Sell My Personal Information