1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hi chaps just thought I'd post some pics of my r1 for the yam fans among us @jompy .
    20170403_172033.jpg
    20170403_172009.jpg 20170403_171955.jpg

#1 cookster, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  2. I had a 5vy and was a very fast bike. Wheelie and tank slappers everywhere. Enjoy it and hold tight. Lol

3. @sharksqb16 sorry mate i deleted your rating by accident, @Kevster84 there great bikes ive had this nearly 6 years now been modding ever since, first job was a steering damper.

4. Yeah steering damper is a must have on r1's. Took me quite a while to get mine to handle how I wanted and ended up putting a later r1 shock on. Best wheelying bike ever though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ooooo and red :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Its very clean Cooky. That arrows looks mahoosive though. :)

7. @bootsam yeah its quite big but it sounds quality, wanted the original look type of thing. the system is so light.

8. Just noticed the wheels as well....nice touch...i must say that looks very nice. Too many times i see you tube vids of people that have "modded" bikes which essentially means theyve crashed into a sticker shop and come out the other side...for me...definately less, is more. Although im not one to talk as my Hyper has an in your face Pramac spray job on it....

9. @comfysofa yeah iknow what you mean mate, i like modding bikes but try and keep the standard look, as you noticed its only when you start looking closer that you notice things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yep....my zed is detagged, no stickers, integrated rear light, the only stuff that looks different is stuff thats functional....rear shock reservior, wheels, pipe and bars...

11. Bike looks beautiful, can the original pipes still be got anywhere Alistair ??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. @Wayne58 I doubt you can still buy them from yamaha as a lot of 98/99 stuff is now discontinued. EBay best bet bud.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information