1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1999 R1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by cookster, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. right then guys the time as come to sell my beloved 4xv due to the money pit of a house and kid.

right the bike...... it a red and white 1999 but registered on a y plate

24,000 miles with full service history

brand new oz piega wheels

ohlins r&t forks

ohlins rear shock

ohlins steering damper with harris fitting kit

brand new brembo series oro brake discs front and rear

hel brake lines in black front and rear

harris rear sets

r&g paddock bobbins

r&g crash bobbins

pazzo levers

full arrow exhaust system

red samco hoses with rolled stainless clips

renthal chain with afam sprockets

stainless bolts though out

dyno jet kit

145bhp on standard engine

brand new clutch

new brembo pads

£6500 ovno

i know its a lot for an 1999 bike but its in excellent condition and the kit on it is worth probably more than the bike its self, i have all the original parts that come with the bike also, bike in gloucesershire, please any info required just ask, Many thanks Alistair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. That's tasty! GLWS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. A mate of mine has just bought a 1999 R1 in excellent (read showroom and I've seen it) condition and only 12,000 miles on the clock for £1500. Granted that it's pretty much standard but with a yoshi can and crash bungs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. @El Toro your mate got a cheap bike there, there normally around the 3k mark, i thought about putting mine back to standard but thought id try it with all the kit on there first. The parts on there are worth more than bike. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oh he knows it was a steal. He was prepared to pay around the £3k mark but then saw the ad, and it looked mint. So when he went to look at it he was expecting the pics to have been doctored and it to be a bit "tired". He was amazed that it wasn't and handed the cash over there and then before the guy changed his mind. It's not been down the road either. The panels are all original. The previous owner was obviously fastidious in looking after it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thats a ridiculous bit of good luck. Good condition bikes are getting desirable collectors items from what I've seen and getting the £3k no problem.

@cookster those wheels and other shiny parts must be a fair few quids worth. I'd be surprised if it's not better to put it back to standard.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Split it. Sell it oem and parts separately. You'll prob make more money that way. I did with my 1198. GLWS Cookie. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. yeah i have with other bikes ive sold put back to standard and sold bits off, just thought someone might like it with all the kit on there. :upyeah:

9. I couldn't get arrested when trying to sell my 5JJ... was asking £3k and basically got laughed out of the park. Ended up swapping it for a 1987 RD350 F2, which is almost ready for the road now. The R1 was so much more bike though. Seems like the early R1 bubble is a very mercurial thing.

10. Really? fair one, maybe it just makes a good magazine article as it's approaching classic status I guess.

11. Yeah everyone says there going up but no one's buying them at the higher price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ive a 1999 R1 myself and so have been keeping an eye on the prices for the last few years. Ive not seen much movement on asking prices, seem to be low £2k for ropey ones and nearer £3k for decent ones. Bloke I spoke to the other week races one and says he typically pays £1200 to £1500 for very ropey ones and therefore doesnt really care if he stacks them. For that sort of money its a hell of a bike and it then becomes worth more in bits so you see a lot of people breaking them on ebay. I paid £5k for mine back in 2001, so £ per year over the 16 years it seems to be money well spent from my perspective!

The 1998 models I have seen asking prices go up, in particular the red/white ones which noone wanted back in the day. That may well be down to the numerous magazine articles over the last year or so raving on about how awesome the older bikes such as early R1, blades etc were.

13. Have seen quite a few 1st Gen R1's up for silly money but they never seem to sell, These inflated prices at the moment are too soon it's only media that seems to be pushing the price up with nostalgic articles.

My 2001 5jj with I think around 16000miles on it sold instantly for £3200 a couple of few years back now..Was standard apart from rearsets and a couple of other small mods. Loved this bike.
    Screenshot_20170918-175005.png

• Like Like x 2
  14. not sure about no one wanting the red/white ones. I loved it, had one from new when they came out,added a little bling and painted the wheels gold #(hate black wheels) had it nearly 8 years. See some rediculous asking prices for them now.
    R1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I just hope that this RD is as fun to ride as I remember them... sold my early Blade too. Have a 2011 Blade as my fast bike now, and you wring the neck of that thing and you're going too fast. The 350 is hopefully as bonkers feeling at a lower speed. The R1 bounced up to 130mph with very little coaxing and would keep going well into the stripey-jamas side of 160. Was far too fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sorry @cookster just blown my load on 1198

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's a cracking bike if I dint have the rest I'd keep it, just seems a shame it sat there doing nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. People can ask what they like. Whether they get what they ask is another matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information