1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 Hour Detail. Trashed Audi S5 Quattro Convertable

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Vehicle is an Audi 2.0 quattro Special Edition Cabriolet.....Well folks this has to be the worst condition vehicle I have had the pleasure to get my hands on. This was a pre-sale detail for a client. Both sides of vehicle heavily...and I mean heavily scratched and marred. Vehicle had no love for over 5 years and it showed

.....wheels were really needing a refurb as they were very bad.....anyways interior first.....whole interior steam cleaned and addition of Gtechniq biocote* Triclean to get every surface back to factory.

Seats were glossy so much was the ingrained dirt and grime. Interior obviously vacuumed and all mats were cleaned with a Karcher Puzzi 100/1 extraction machine.

Glass cleaned with Angelwax vision and all surfaces dressed with 303 Areospace protectant.

Engine bay next up with bonnet....thoroughly pressure washed ( on low pressure ) and treated to Britemax Grimeout at 4:1....agitated with a multitude of brushes and rinsed...then all areas force air dried with filtered high powered air then all areas dressed with Aerospace 303 protectant. GREAT TIP HERE: aerospace 303 was atomised over whole engine bay once dried....spray liberally all over then close bonnet, wait for 6 hours and tah dah....engine bay looks brand new!!!

Next was the hood which was full of mildew....6 times cleaned / scrubbed by hand and rinsed.... Britemax Citrus Magic is magical on soft-tops & is also anti-fungal so mildew will not come back....stopped when rinse water was running clear.

Next onto the wheels.....3 hours to get the wheels something like presentable...there comes a point of diminishing returns when the only option is to have the wheels refurbed.....twice hit with acidic cleaner and twice hit with Bilt Hamber Auto wheels iron remover

Getting tired now...lol....vehicle pre-washed with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam ( the very best foam currently available IMHO ), and allowed to dwell for 10 mins before being pressure washed off. Two bucket method with dual gitguards and fabulous Dooka pure lambswool wash pads......for shampoo ( Gyeon Essence ).

Vehicle then treated to chemical decontamination...Gyeon Tar first followed by Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover and there was a huge amount of iron. Vehicle then treated to yet another Bilt Hamber snow foam bath to remove all chemicals.

Tac systems clay cloth with Gyeon clay lube to clay whole vehicle of remaining bonded contaminants including all glass.

Vehicle again pressure rinsed off and blown dry for the intricate areas prior to machine work. Next up was Gtechinq Panel wipe to the whole vehicle to get a true indications of the horrors that were left!...Machined with of course all Rupes machines and ' MY " special mix of compounds. Vehicle then treated to 2 coats of Bilt Hamber Double speed wax and topped with again another special mix of mine.

Tyres then further degreased with Gyeon prep prior to application of Gyeon Tyre. Tailpipes were too far gone for any transformation. Time for a well deserved beer or 12!!!....Hope my client gets a sale now!!!

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

#1 rob lewis, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  2. A5 S line cab not a S5 cab ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Love your work mate & your attention to detail - wish my car looked like that!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks....I'll amend....

5. Feck me Rob, did you polish it or repaint it, good job that, keep em coming:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks buddy....I'm now sat down with a LARGE glass of red.....was a bugger of a job...but personally I think it's not bad...not perfect by any means but client was not paying for perfection.

7. Doesn’t take anything away from a shit load of hard work and looks good chap

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Did you do the "lick the seats" test?

9. Of course @noobie....look at my website under * seat licking :joy::joy:

10. Oh yeah, I just saw that on the price list, £69

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Good job Rob :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Can you ever get the chrome exhaust tips back to the polished finish ? I’ve tried everything on mine but once they’re tarnished you can’t seem to get them back to new looking...

Great job btw, love that colour when it’s polished..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. 2CCE9F29-A78C-48B1-9B03-CB98081C221F.jpeg
    I use brasso on mine

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Thanks buddy...yes you can....Britemax twins and 0000 wirewool....job done!

15. Lovely job

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I'm not sure whether I can handle this level of cleanliness pressure, best wash my bike again tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. When you said it was the worst you'd ever worked on, I was expecting something in even more of a state than my bike. If you ever want a real challenge/charity case, a 70,000 mile Monster that is used for year round commuting in all weathers and rarely washed would certainly give you something to get your teeth stuck into! Though I suspect it might be cheaper for me to buy a new one than pay a perfectionist for the amount of elbow grease required ...

I admire your hard work!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. ...you sure it's the same car in the 'after' pics... :D Great job as always!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Got my bilt-hamber wide selection of cleaning products..

Amazing job Rob

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information