1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 Or 180 Section For 1198

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Richard R, Mar 22, 2019.

1. I'll be getting my first set of slicks on Monday. I've already spoke with Mark at Holbeach Tyres and have decided on the Metzeler Compk as a good first slick... but it only comes in 180/60 or 200/55. Mark was concerned the 200 would rub on the swing arm and recommended the 180... does anyone have specific experience of fitting a 200/55 or 180/60 to a 10/1198?

Cheers.

2. Have a 200 on my 1098rs swingarm. No issues

3. 180/60 fitted OK on the 6" multi rim so will be OK, but will also flatten and be like running a 190/50 (IIRC) so you may get a lower ride height and be slightly slower to turn.

4. I’ve been asking myself the ‘ go slick’ or ‘not go slick’ question for my V4 and there have been some interesting comments made in a recent thread that has helped me make a decision. Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SCs in the latest v3, soft. If it’s good enough for the BSB Superstock 1000 riders, it is most certainly good enough for me. Andy

#4 Android853sp, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  5. A 200 will be close to the swing arm at the front especially when the tyre grows under acceleration....you could rotate the wheel back with a longer chain to get clearance....or cut that bit of the swing arm away...or get a corse swing arm..

6. swingarm side.JPG
    you can see the curve of the the both around the circumference and the width of the tread is not matched by the swing arm

7. That 200 looks a bit close for comfort, will give the 180 a try... and if I'm not happy I'll try the Supercorsa V3.

8. Make sure you get the SC v3 not the SP v3. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information