1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 Rear

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by 224stu, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Any body run a 200 rear on a 919/996 ?? Any issues //

2. Are you sure a 200 section tyre isn’t going to rub on the swing arm ? I ran a 190/55 Metzeler on a 6” rim on my 853 and not sure I’d want to fit anything bigger. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m running a 6’’ magnesium marchesini and looks to be enough room , was wondering if it makes any handling changes

4. Haven’t had a chance to ride with a 200 section tyre yet so can’t answer that question. What sort of improvement in the handling are you hoping for ? Andy

5. Can’t imagine it handling any better, but I’ve got a 120front and a 200 rear corsa’s surplus so was thinking of fitting them

6. A 200 section tyre certainly seems to be the trend for track tyres with fewer choices in 180 and 190 sections so there must be something in it. Steering geometry and wheel base will affect the response of the tyre, I just haven’t looked at comparing something like my 1098R which has a 190 with my Panigale V4 which has the 200. I see the economy of using what you have to hand but at the back of my mind, if it ain’t broke, don’t try and fix it. Be interested in your assessment if you do it though. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information