1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 200 Section Rear Tyre On A 999r?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dibble, May 22, 2018.

1. Anyone run or running a 200/655/17 on a 999R ? If I want to run V02’s been told that’s the size to go for ...

2. If it's of any use to know; I run Dunlop 195/65 on my R6 on the euro days and they are pretty awesome although probably would not feel so great on the road. You have to really ride it off the rear wheel to make it work, plus you have chicken strips so dont feel so heroic!

1710241270.jpg 1710241429.jpg

3. Pretty sure the triumph, R6 etc rum the vo2 200 rear. Bob at fwr can tell you, he sells enough of them

4. I tried a 190/55 in and with a new chain(short adjustment) the tyre touches the front inner of the arm.(black box arm 05).

5. Yeah, its on 190/55 currently with no probs but very little options currently for 190's hence Bob says throw a 200/655 in, just seeing if anyone else has tried it ....

6. If it's any help, I have a 200 SC i'm about to bin your welcome to have to have to try on for size. Think I have a scrub 200 slick you could fit to test but i'd rather returned.

7. Can’t see why if it fits a 600 ok it won’t fit the T9. Worst case, may have to move the wheel back?

8. See post #7 :thinkingface:

9. Why, thats not answering teh question at all. Tyres, even with the 'same size' are very different in real profile. Hence you can fit the 200 V02 to a 5.5inch rim for a 600, but you cant fit a 190 profile to the same wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You are often wrong, but this time you are wrong too :):upyeah:

11. Says the oracle on BS :upyeah:

Facts are facts. Its a pretty simple concept when you get used to it. And just because it doesn't suit your own view, or because you have embarrassed yourself by being wrong, it doesn't make it a fact to keep going :sleeping:

There is something odd about the sizing for the V02, as it runs an odd front profile too and is almost one size fits all. I dont know if thats because the cars call allows it to be flattened a little, so goes on big bikes, or because the carcase can be pinched in, so goes on little bits, or its not really a 200 size.

12. Bank Holiday? Is that Donington?

13. Donny on Monday is MSV as i'm there.

14. And the Swing Arm clearance specific to a 999 as the original question was targeted?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Because you are going to Donny :yum

16. True, its a different question for rim size than clearance with a 1098 and t9...for starters a T9 can easily have a link or two added and push back far enough to clear

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. thread moved back for all the whingers and all the accompanying fluff deleted.

I still think it should be in tyres though.

Ps @Dibble any more personal insults and I wont be as understanding

• Love You Love You x 1
  18. Thank you your a star :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Is that a threat ??????????

Do Not Sell My Personal Information