1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 2001 999 Works Prototype

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by JoeC, Sep 17, 2017.

1. During my continued search for a D16, I'm considering this little beauty! 999W.jpg 999W2.jpg 999W3.jpg

999W4.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ooh....that must be unique?

@Exige

3. That looks rather lovely

4. TBF if fucking tempting and less than half the price of the D16 the guy has!

5. There were 5 built by hand, then circa 30 pre production bikes. There's a lot missing off that one by the looks of it. Interesting though to know the frame number and detals (and price) :)

#5 Exige, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 1/2 a D16 = £20k?

• Like Like x 1
  7. It depends on how much the D16 was he was looking at? If £40k then you will be spot on :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I'm waiting on a frame number, more photos and then again the chance to go and see it which sadly wont be until mid-october. The guy is asking 15k€, his D16 is 36!

999W5.jpg

9. The pictures are too low resolution but it lloks like the airbox is a pre injection prototype fro the first 5 bikes :)
    The sub frme is early too (but these were used on some (not all) of the 30 or so pre production bikes.
    Forks were lost wax cast - those have been changed.
    Engine on mine has no number - 999 designation was used on the later pre prod bikes too for the 998cc engine then later only on the 999R
    If you need any help with anything let me know :):upyeah:

10. Sure thanks, just reading up now!

11. Tank is correct too with the round filler - although some of these went onto the pre prod bikes too.

12. I don't know what that is? My English doesn't stretch to that!

13. Think he means cast, i.e. From a mould, as opposed to billet

14. D16

15. I think the production ones are pressed, but not sure, could be cast. Yes mine is billet, machined from alloy :upyeah:

16. It seems a good price for a D16, mileage dependant - but if the T9 is one of the 5 origional hand built ones it's a great find, and I wouldn't sell mine for that. The pre prod bikes with 11 digit frame numbers pop up from time to time for similar money.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information