1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 2002 748r With Tiny Miles

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Messer, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Hi All, I have come across a pristine red 748R (full ohlins, flat side) in Dubai with only 2200 miles on the clock! The chap is thinking of selling it and wants about 10k Euro for it. I know a couple of guys have been interested in finding an R.

If anyone is interested send me your contact info and I will happily pass it on

2. Is it full of sand :)

3. Well, the owner is a pilot in Dubai. But his price is Euro, so Im only presuming its in Dubai.
    I bought a bike from Dubai once, and arrived filthy but once washed with sdoc she was mint again

4. One sold recently for 6500 was it? So 10k and then have to get it back sounds very expensive

5. A 2002 model? I saw one with higher mileage sold for 6800 and everyone agreed it was way to cheap. Average miles ones of these are regularly changing hands for 8500 ish. This one has done 2200 miles. Not many of them about! Plus this is euro..

6. Which is 1:1 at the moment...although with Carney interview this morning and talk of interest rate increases, the pound may start bouncing back :upyeah::party:

7. Non uk model is alway worth less here. Mileage can't be varifies either. All adds to being worth less over here.
    If it is as actually here and was as new then priced about right maybe?

8. A bike from outside the EU will probably not come with a European Certificate of Conformity so might be a pig to get registered.

9. Shipping, import duties and vat will probably make this an expensive exercise along with DVLA beaurocracy adding insult to injury. Shame as it's got to be of interest at that mileage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Unless it was a uk bike taken out there?

11. Sounds like a European bike with him asking euros.
    Perhaps US airforce moved from Germany :bucktooth:
    Hang on, I'll get my magnifying glass out and investigate

12. Thumper? Is that him?

13. Dominic? :)

14. I thought this thread said 2002 748r With Tony Miles. I only popped in to see who Tony was.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Is it Tony Miles? :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information