1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2002 Ducati 900ss Ie *now £3500*

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Desmoquattro, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Here is my 2002 'Senna' half faired 900SS ie (rare) with just over 9000 kms which is about 5600 miles.
    I bought this bike in 2016 and, I'll be honest, I've not used it as much as I intended. I have other Ducatis and this is a little cramped for me as Im 6ft4. I also need space for a project.
    Although a 2002 bike, it was imported and registered new, in 2009. It got its 600 mile service round about this time. The speedo dial has been professionally changed to MPH, however, the odometer is still in KMs. I discovered this when I clocked up more 'miles' than another rider on the same trip.
    The bike is in really good condition, however it is 20 years old, and it hasn't been in a display cabinet so does show signs of age.
    Its also worth pointing out that most fasteners have been replaced by a previous owner to stainless ones.
    Whilst in my ownership, I have done all the maintenance and servicing. I am pretty familiar with the 2 valve aircooled engines, rebuilding a few and Ive got a couple of other similar Ducatis so know my way around them.
    I have receipts and the bike came with paperwork.

The GOOD....
    It is the best of the injection SS, in that it has the following:
    MARCHESINI WHEELS
    OHLINS REAR SHOCK
    THE DESIREABLE STRONGER ALLOY SWINGARM which, on its own, I have seen go for near a thousand pounds.
    I have recently serviced the bike.
    Last year it got a new battery and Pirelli Rosso 2 tyres, which have done less than a hundred miles.
    I have changed the belts a few weeks ago, as well as fitted a brand new DID chain and Sprockets
    It is fitted with a Ricambi Weiss solo seat (spare mint seat and rear side fairings supplied too)
    It has a bubble screen (no original)
    It also has a brand new MOT, which it sailed through. Basically the bike is good to go for summer!
    Fitted with R and G crash bungs
    Aftermarket levers, which are unbranded, I like them, but they are cheap.
    I have all the spare keys and it has the original toolkit.
    The bike starts and runs perfectly.

The BAD
    The paint on the engine is flaking (they all do that Sir)
    Theres some signs of age to the paint (although for the most part, the paint is great)
    The R and G crash bungs mean the fairings have been neatly cut to accomodate (by previous owner), this never bothered me.
    Aftermarket mirrors are not the best, but the originals (which I will supply) are not either.
    The original grab rail was lost by Royal mail during transfer to me from previous owner.

I am asking £4500
    A test ride is only possible, with the full asking price in my hand and proof of insurance.
    Thanks for looking

20220328_110459.jpg

20220328_110400.jpg

20220328_110406.jpg

20220328_110417.jpg

20220328_110414.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. A handsome looking machine, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's a huge screen and could probably hide the entire family from impending increased utility prices.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Not even a nibble...?

5. Hey DQ
    Hopefully you'll take this with the intent I give it rather than take offence.

It's lovely, a great colour, low mileage, well looked after etc, but being really honest it's an import(the speedo recording Kms will always mark it as one to buyers) and priced at the top end of the range for these for a genuine UK bike, equivalent only to what Dealers are charging, not private sales which are @£1K less.

6. I take no offence, and wish to price it fairly.

Having a look at the models that are out there, it's still a better example than most with the desirable parts. The speedo is in Mph, but it's the odometer that's Kph. I'll reduce the price. Thanks Nasher.
    I don't really want to break it as its a great example, but that's also an option

7. Price reduced to £4000 ono

8. Oh god no, don't do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Any interest at £3750?

10. So, it'll have to go on eBay this week, as I have had no interest so far. Shame as its a really nice bike and deserves a good home. I was trying to avoid dealing with the minefield that is eBay and Gumtree. Bumpety bump

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information