1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2003 Ducati St4s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Turbogeek, Oct 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So reluctantly it's time to sell my ST4s due to looking to emigrate early next year for a work opportunity - and I can't take it with me.

I bought it in January 2015 off another DF forum member and it's basically been a rolling project since, up until July 2020 when it came off the road for a full engine rebuild, documented here:-
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/st4s-camshaft-wear-engine-rebuild.80123

2003 ST4s (so 996cc, Marelli IAW59M ECU, TiN-coated forks, Ohlins rear shock with hydraulic adjustable preload and carbon fibre hugger as standard) in matt grey. With standard-fit panniers, and I also have the top-box mounting bars (no mounting plate, though) and a pair of pannier liner bags that will come with it.

49k miles (well, some of it's done that, much of it's been rebuilt/replaced - brakes, suspension, engine/gearbox all rebuilt in my ownership).
    Mechanically excellent but a bit scruffy cosmetically, with various marks from use, scratches to tank and mirrors, matt paint a bit shiny where legs/knees rub against it. Fairing V-panel has stone chips and marks from many miles of previous enjoyment, etc. I will upload some more detailed pictures at the weekend.

Standard apart from:-
    - Brembo 4-pad front brake calipers and matching radial master cylinders - believe from a 999s.
    - MRA touring screen
    - Later seat
    - Odyssey PC680 battery
    - MOSFET regulator rectifier (Shindengen)
    - Additional relays/wiring for main/dipped beam - taking load off handlebar switch
    - HEL braided brake hoses
    - immobiliser mapped out

- 800 miles since full engine rebuild - every bearing, seal, shim changed. Main bearing pre-load reset, barrels re-plated, NOS pistons & rings, new valves, valve guides, valve seats recut, squish set, cam timing set using later adjustable pulleys. New California CycleWorks cambelts. Replacement gearbox output shaft, new clutch basket & hub and probably much more I've forgotten.
    - Rear shock rebuilt by MCT, front forks rebuilt by me with new bushes and fresh fluid at 47.6k miles.

Comes with lots of history, receipts from parts bought (mainly genuine spares via Moto Rapido), 2 keys, Red Key & Card, original immobiliser box and lots of spare parts (including spare ECUs).

MOT until 2nd April 2022. Good tyres (Michelin PR3), chain, brake pads, etc.

DSC01146.JPG

Looking for £2000 ono, sensible offers considered.

Bike is located in Basildon, Essex. V5 in my name, etc.
    PM me for more info, thanks for looking,
    Gareth

#1 Turbogeek, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. OK, so I realise I might've been a touch ambitious with the original guide price on this one.
    So I'm going to say I'm open to sensible offers - otherwise the other option is breaking the bike for parts, and I really don't have the time or the space to do that.

3. They do look better in that colour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Love that. Would be great as a spare bike. Only problem for me is that since brexit it would cost me a fair sum to put it on French plates.
    Best of luck with the sale.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Provisionally sold, pending collection.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thread closed then?

7. And with that, it was gone! Bike sold.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information