1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2004 S4r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by conquistador, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ducati S4R 2004, just under 19k miles. Owned by me since 2010 when I bought it with 5k miles on it.
    Tuned by JHP racing, power commander fitted.
    Crash bungs, oil and water cooler guards fitted. Crankcase vent filter fitted along with new voltage regulator and heat sink plate. I also have a pannier rack for it which is ideal for throw over type panniers. Open clutch cover fitted. Rear paddock stand and optimate charger connector.
    New chain and sprockets fitted.
    Belts last changed Jan 2020 at 16k and valve clearance checks done at the same time by John Cellier. All other servicing has been done by myself and I have kept a full record of everything done.
    There is a small dent in the tank where the bike went over on a patch of diesel while leaving a filling station.
    I did have bar end mirrors fitted but gone back to the originals. I still have the bar end ones plus other assorted original parts including the exhaust, silencers and clutch cover.
    Rear tyre has done 3k miles, front one 1k. MOT Sept.
    Comes with the three keys. Not getting used much now and need the space in the garage for another one! Looking for £4k. Having seen others of a similar age, it is still in remarkably good condition for a 17 year old bike.
    https://goo.gl/photos/dtKWPyi4jrg6ueWq8

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sold

• Like Like x 4
  3. I had a 2005 one that was written off when I was knocked off over two years ago. I was riding home from work and got knocked off and taken to hospital. I never saw the bike again. I did continental touring, track days, and many, many UK trips. I'll miss it and the fun of always looking for my next petrol station!

4. My S4RS is doing 100plus to a tank, so don’t get this idea that it’s always looking for fuel? Maybe you ride harder...but I’ve never had a sports bike that would do much more than this monster

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Only when touring with others on an array of bikes did I notice I was the first to call for petrol
    But my S4rs looked the dogs bollocks so I won every time!
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. It just depends on your expectations and who you are with. On one tour, I was accompanied by a BMW rider and somebody on some mid-range hap four (can't remember the model) and it was always me the first to need petrol. Mind you, it was the BMW rider who actually run out! We were tooling it down some German autobahn and he suddenly passed me and went in a refuge area. Turns out that to display how brilliant the BMW was, he didn't fill up at my last petrol stop. He would show me that his BMW could go twice as far as my Monster.

He couldn't!

I used to get 120-140 miles on a tank - except when I had a Power Commander fitted. Then I would get about 100. The first time I took it to Lougi Moto he took the power commander off, declaring it "sh1t"! I switched to my ST2 and ST3 for touring, being able to do over 200 miles to a tank!

7. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information