1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 2006 749s Fuel Pump Not Priming

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Maxxie46, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Hi new to ducatis and having problems with mine at the mo. The fuel pump is not priming when I turn the ignition on. I've fed the fuel pump direct from the battery and it buzzed into life so not the fuel pump. I've heard the fuel pump relay is temperamental on the 749 so I'll try that next. Any other ideas? Cheers max

2. No idea, but good luck, and welcome. (clever people will be along shortly).

3. You probably got it sussed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. First port of call is the afore mentioned relay. Welcome to the world of Ducati's

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Welcome, same problem with mine 3 years ago, hint for making electrics more resistant, when you've plugged in the new relay, get a marigold glove from other half, cut a finger off it, maybe thumb but you'll see what you need, fill finger bit half full with electrical grease, put over relay until at end of finger, cable tie open cut end and hey presto - 3 years over riding in rain and jet washing still no issues, I have done this with every relay and connector that wasn't visible and just took the connectors apart and greased them then put back together for the ones in view, never any electrical problems since, fingers cross now!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Search on here for the fuel relaying the 749/999 section, someone here knows an alternate part number to search for on flebay and its stupid cheap compared to dealer

7. Tyco V23073
    Bosch 0 332 207 302
    Mopar 56006846
    Bog Warner R3223

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. 67151F51-E471-4D3A-B373-B5932122B75E.jpg 12V 20A 4pin normally open

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. They're only a fiver or so from your dealer and the newer versions are sealed so no need for the greased finger etc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information