1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 2007 Ducati 1098s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by trogdor, Apr 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This will be a tough one for me, but I’m selling my 2007 1098s. It has 22,500 miles and is in very good condition with a few parts on it. It's probably not quite a minter, there is a nick on the nose fairing and front fender, small scratch on the side fairing and tiny one on tank, but I've taken good care of it.

There is 1 important thing to note: it just hit the desmo service interval. I won't be able to address this before it is sold, however I think I've priced it reasonably with that considered. I've got a dealer interested just below my asking price, which is minimum hassle, but I figured I'd put it on here to give someone in the community a chance.

£6400. DM me if interested. Located near Oxford.

Some details and aftermarket parts:
    - I'm 3rd owner, purchased 2018
    - It's done 2 track days: Ducati days and a Level 1 CSS so not railing on it. Supercorsas are less than 2 years old and have lots of mileage left
    - Gaps in service history from 2015 to 2018 where it was SORN, also was ridden in 2020 during pandemic
    - Last service Jan and then Oct 2021
    - Carbon fibre belly fairing, F/R fenders, and airbox covers (have orig covers too)
    - Ducati performance clutch, Evotech levers
    - New drivetrain (mid 2021): 15T front, 42T rear JT Alu quickchange carrier and DID chain
    - Exact Start upgraded cables and new battery 2021
    - Have Spider SBK rearsets not currently on bike, need to order a new pivot bolt, probably sell separately
    -Brand new dashboard

Here's a public album where I tried to highlight any scratches or similar, and close ups of parts. Images are poor quality and unartistic (sorry).
    https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzHinZ

Here's a couple shots:
    51963890208_615514c605_o.jpg

20211030_133209.jpg

Thanks for looking.

#1 trogdor, Apr 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Good luck with sale. I think the price is fair. Pre VAG bike! With the true spirit!

3. Thanks. It’s got spirit for sure.

4. Based on that all R model prices are rising skyhigh, this is the next best thing at affordable pricing...for the moment at least.

GLWS:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Good luck with the sale, as said, an R isn’t worth three of these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Some interest and discussion but nothing concrete. I'll give it one more week with the price reduced to £6400, and then I'm pressing the dealer easy button.

7. The easy dealer button became harder as the replacement bike was sold.

However, I've just bought a new dash to replace the cracked original, so that will now be very much mint.

8. I don't get why the 1098s don't fetch more. They are awesome bikes.

9. It is sold.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information